14 In beauty/ style

Ready in 10 (or Less)

While being truly minimalist would mean skipping the getting ready process altogether, lately I’m a semi-minimalist in this department, opting for a quick & easy morning routine that has me ready in 10 minutes or less.

Want to take your hair a step further than I did here? When I have time or want to look more polished, I use a curling wand after air drying. You can find that tutorial here. Need a bit more help on your brows? Watch my eyebrow tutorial here.

. . . . . . . . . .

PRODUCTS
Comb
Salt spray
Facial moisturizer with SPF
Blush (in burnt rose)
Highlighter (in shimmering sand)
Kabuki brush
Spoolie brush
Brow pencil (in soft brown)
Brow gel (in deep brown)
Eyeliner (in spice)
Mascara

. . . . . . . . . .

I’m having so much fun making these—what other minimalist beauty videos would interest you?

Becca
    October 6, 2015 at 7:39 am

Such a cute video! This isn’t technically a minimalist beauty video request, but I would LOVE to see a post on growing out your bangs. I am about to start the process with straight across bangs and have been looking through some of your instagram photos for inspiration and styling tips. You seemed to make it through the growing process so well and always looked cute! Would love any tips and tricks!

Urban Wife
    October 6, 2015 at 1:11 pm

That was a great video – thanks for sharing it! I love not spending a lot of time getting ready, but also want to feel like I’m put together. My question is more about home decor. From what you’ve shared, it seems like your home is nicely decorated but not overdone, if that makes sense. I’ve always had a hard time decorating our homes and love your style. I’d love if you shared some tips and tricks on how you approach home decor.

Urban Wife
      October 6, 2015 at 1:12 pm

p.s. I know it’s not beauty related but just thought to throw it out there. ;) Thanks!

Jessica
    October 6, 2015 at 2:05 pm

I love these videos. I am always looking for ways to streamline my routine. I want to know about your skin care! My skin needs a few more steps to look even. Also, how often do you wash your hair? I am curious if the spray makes it dirtier faster? I try and skip washings as often as is reasonable.

Laura
    October 6, 2015 at 5:56 pm

I think a skincare one would be great as well!

JillOntheGo
    October 6, 2015 at 11:43 pm

I love this video, adorable, funny and helpful! I purchased several of your product recommendations, a couple I’ve been looking for a good new option to try (eye liner, and the Highlighter). I’m excited to try the Stowaway products, bought all 3 you listed! Thanks for introducing us to new, affordable solutions! Yeah for Jack’s Mom!!

October 7, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Thanks Jill! Stowaway is definitely my latest makeup love!!

Jill
        October 14, 2015 at 10:47 am

I’ve used most of the products ‘on your list’ for a few days. I especially LOVE the Sonia Kashuk Highlighter (which I bought in Perisan Sunset) and the Alba Advanced Sea Moss moisturizer. LOVE them! Additionally, the Stowaway mascara I was concerned may initiate my eyes (many do) but not so. YEAH, YEAH!

Erin
    October 7, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Hi Natalie! Loved the video and tried the hair trick (along with sipping coffee lol) and it worked! My question is about the burnt rose cheek & lip rouge…does that color work for all skin tones? Just love your blog and jewelry store!! Hoping to buy some soon!

October 7, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Ha! Thanks girl ;) I do think the cheek & lip rouge would work well on any skin tone—it’s very easy to customize how light or heavy you apply it, so if you’re fair use less and if you’re dark you can add several more layers to create a rosy look. And I’m so glad you like the new jewelry shop!

melissa
    October 7, 2015 at 2:24 pm

hi! Loved your video and post… Do you have any suggestions on how to keep your eye liner in place? Do you use any base coat to your eyelids other than moisturizer? Thanks!

Catherine
    October 7, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Natalie your videos are fantastic. I love the pacing and the music! Make more! Show us how you organize your closet.

Lauren weigold
    October 9, 2015 at 6:54 am

You are too stinking cute! I would love to know what you do for skincare. I have a quick makeup routine but the main focus is covering up blemishes and minimizing pores! Using less foundation and concealer is a goal of mine!

Laurel
    September 22, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Hi Natalie,
    Would love another update on your minimalist makeup routine! :)