I honestly cannot believe a month has already gone by. Where does the time go? My pregnancy felt painstakingly long, but now that I’m in the motherhood game, the days feel shorter than ever! It’s so cliche, but I find myself wishing I could stop time and keep my little guy a newborn forever. With a full month of mama life under my belt, I figured it would be fun to do some reflection on how life has changed, as well as some of the joys and challenges that come with the territory.
Who’s ready for the weekend?!? I’m a bit sad that I’ve spent the entire month of October (my favorite month of the year) locked up in my house recovering from the whole childbirth situation, but thankfully this time next week I should be finally free to get out and about. Thank God! That being said, this weekend looks remarkably similar to last weekend—lounging around the house with Brian and Jack, watching Netflix, and doing my very best to heal.
What are you up to? Hopefully checking out these great links ;)
1. 10 grilled cheese recipes for fall (Glitter Guide)
2. A buffalo plaid shirt-jacket I’m swooning over. (J.Crew)
3. Jenna Lyons on her wardrobe essentials. (Wardrobe Icons)
4. Some serious bump style inspiration from a favorite blogger of mine. (Could I Have That?)
5. How to cut your own bangs. (CUP OF JO)
6. 3 ways to organize your bathroom. (Treasures & Travels)
7. Habits that successful people have—and how to implement them in your job. (Chapter Friday)
8. 15 little things that are actually the worst. (BuzzFeed Violet)
9. How to master the J.Crew beauty look. (J.Crew)
10. Are you media literate? (Darling Magazine)
I’ve had my eye on the Nars Matte Multiple for some time now. While I hear it’s pretty amazing—and that pink apricot shade is so dreamy—I haven’t quite been able to get myself on board with spending $39 for it. Thankfully, while perusing the aisles of Target one afternoon (what’s new?), I stumbled on Sonia Kashuk Dewy Luxe Lip & Cheek Balm in charmed and at $9.99 was totally sold.
Now, would I love to try the Nars product if someone gave it to me? Absolutely no doubt about it. But for a budget beauty buy, Sonia Kashuk does the trick.
P.S. I’m thinking this will be a new, semi-regular series. Let me know about pricey products you want inexpensive alternatives to in the comments below!
I read this Facebook status from author Lysa TerKeurst the other day and I loved it so much I copied it and pasted it into an email to Brian in hopes that we could implement it in our own marriage: