Let’s Talk Periscope

I just discovered Periscope this week and I. Am. Addicted. What is it exactly? Think YouTube, but live with the replay available for 24 hours. It’s absolutely fascinating and I’m learning a ton. I did my first-ever broadcast yesterday during Jack’s nap time and it was both terrifying and exhilarating. If you’re not on it yet, be sure to download the app and give me a follow (@natalieborton).

So, now that we’re all on the same page with Periscope, I wanted to chat briefly about what type of content you might be into over there. My initial broadcast was about my minimalist hair and makeup must-haves, since I get asked about those all the time. Other ideas I have for future scopes include:

• Book club discussions—wouldn’t that be fun to do live, all together?!
  • Q&A/Ask Natalie (I’ve failed at this so many times because I am a perfectionist and always want to organize the questions somehow…but if it was a live Q&A it could maybe be easier to actually do?)
  • Real-time hair and/or makeup
  • Style-oriented things…like, 3 ways to wear ankle boots, mom-friendly outfits, etc.
  • Baby-oriented things, like products we’ve loved, helpful books, etc.
  • Motherhood scopes (I’d love to hear some specific ideas for this one if you’re interested)

What do you think? What type of content do you want me to scope about? Feel free to be as specific or broad as you like ;)

P.S. Two rad ladies to follow over on Periscope: @hilaryrushford (for all-things business, she’s the BEST!), and @thebalancedlife (if you’re into health and fitness).

Verity
    August 27, 2015 at 5:50 am

I am obsessed with Periscope – I haven’t, and probably won’t, broadcast on it, but I love watching it! I think it is because it is live…

Lara Bogaard
    August 27, 2015 at 5:55 am

I’d love to see a video tour of your house and closet where you keep all those amazing outfits organized!

August 27, 2015 at 10:10 am

Love it! I especially love the closet idea. I’ll have to do that!

Jenn
    August 27, 2015 at 7:55 am

Yay Periscope! I am just starting to get into it. All of those ideas are so fun! I’d never thought about a book discussion – might be something I want to try too. And I love your outfits, so yes to that! Of course, anything mommy or baby-related, although no specific ideas off the top of my head.

Jaci
    August 27, 2015 at 9:35 am

I really enjoyed your first scope. Thanks for sharing. It is encouraging to see another mom try to balance it all (especially when you work from home). I would love to have a chat on how to best baby proof our homes. My son is a couple months behind Jack and I am always thinking of the many ways I need to “baby-proof” our home, yet still creative a fun space for him to be active. PS. LOVE your homemade jewelry and cannot wait until you start selling it!

August 27, 2015 at 10:12 am

Oh yessss—baby proofing is nuts!! That’s a great idea. I’d love to chat with you guys about what we’ve done and also the ways we’ve made our home baby-friendly without looking like a daycare (no small task)!

Brigette
    August 27, 2015 at 9:38 am

i would love to hear some tips/thoughts on breastfeeding and your experience. I’m a new mom and didn’t realize how much work it would be, and going out still stresses me out.

August 27, 2015 at 10:13 am

Love that—definitely a topic that needs to be talked about!! Adding that to my topics list now!

Jessaca
    August 27, 2015 at 10:55 am

So it looks like the broadcast expired? Just joined and getting the lay of the land.

August 27, 2015 at 11:43 am

Sadly it did!! I am thinking perhaps I can save some of the good broadcasts and share them here so people can come back to them. Stay tuned!!

Hilary
    August 27, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Oh you are so sweet lady, thank you!! I am so adoring the platform and so thankful you’re introducing people to it! It’s so new but in the long-run I’m so confident it’s going to be a total game changer like Instagram, Pinterest, etc. And loving the connection with my community! with grace & gumption, Hilary