I just discovered Periscope this week and I. Am. Addicted. What is it exactly? Think YouTube, but live with the replay available for 24 hours. It’s absolutely fascinating and I’m learning a ton. I did my first-ever broadcast yesterday during Jack’s nap time and it was both terrifying and exhilarating. If you’re not on it yet, be sure to download the app and give me a follow (@natalieborton).
So, now that we’re all on the same page with Periscope, I wanted to chat briefly about what type of content you might be into over there. My initial broadcast was about my minimalist hair and makeup must-haves, since I get asked about those all the time. Other ideas I have for future scopes include:
- Book club discussions—wouldn’t that be fun to do live, all together?!
- Q&A/Ask Natalie (I’ve failed at this so many times because I am a perfectionist and always want to organize the questions somehow…but if it was a live Q&A it could maybe be easier to actually do?)
- Real-time hair and/or makeup
- Style-oriented things…like, 3 ways to wear ankle boots, mom-friendly outfits, etc.
- Baby-oriented things, like products we’ve loved, helpful books, etc.
- Motherhood scopes (I’d love to hear some specific ideas for this one if you’re interested)
What do you think? What type of content do you want me to scope about? Feel free to be as specific or broad as you like ;)
P.S. Two rad ladies to follow over on Periscope: @hilaryrushford (for all-things business, she’s the BEST!), and @thebalancedlife (if you’re into health and fitness).