11 In wellness

Sweating Like A Pig, Feeling Like A Fox

10922693_1519285265000297_7333787073437212352_n

Happy Saturday! This rare weekend post is so inspiring (and, if you don’t mind me saying so, bad ass) that I couldn’t wait until Monday to share it. Set to the classic 2001 Missy Elliot jam, “Get Ur Freak On,” the video below—made by Sport England for their This Girl Can campaign—was created to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome. Now that is a mission I can get behind!

I just keep watching this video over and over and over again…

I don’t know about you, but this makes me want to get out there and sweat!

Of course, now the question must be asked—does fear of judgment or shame about your body ever keep you from getting out there and breaking a sweat for your health? Let’s chat!

Katie
    February 7, 2015 at 8:40 am

This is awesome! I watched a couple of the other ones too, and it reminded me again of how in the UK, body shape isn’t such a pillar of societal promise as it is here in the States. Love the message!

ali grace | cookies and grace
    February 7, 2015 at 8:56 am

I love this!! Made me want to get out there and sweat too. I just love seeing real women, working hard to be confident and strong. Strong over skinny, always!

laura
    February 8, 2015 at 7:56 am

great video! i have a few friends i plan on sharing this video with because it’s very upbeat and motivating. love that.

February 11, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Oh yes, definitely share it! Gotta spread the good message around :)

Maria
    February 8, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Yes, I seen this video a while ago and I admit too, I replayed it a couple of times. I love how it is a very real video! British culture and real women trying to get fit and be confident is seen throughout! I love how the woman and the end even lies down on the couch and says, “I’m knackered!”.

The video has a really good message, don’t let your fear of judgement get in your way of getting fit! I am so guilty of this, how many times have I denied myself of a swimsuit or leggings because I’m too fat! The whole first year after I had my son, I refused to buy new clothes until I fitted in my old clothes! I’ve not tried certain sports because of my weight! Which by the way, I’m not that heavy! Women are so hard on ourselves! Looking at this video gives me a new confidence! Thanks Natalie :-)

February 11, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Oh I’m so glad this gave you new confidence! That was definitely my intention :)

Sarah
    February 10, 2015 at 6:15 am

omg i love this. i shared this with my friends immediately!

Elizabeth
    February 11, 2015 at 2:43 pm

This makes my heart full of joy and energy!! Such a great video and movement!