An Advent Devotional

1456789_983862138294645_3862521307047271684_n

I just discovered a really awesome devotional for Advent that I couldn’t keep to myself.

I don’t know about you guys, but I really struggle to make time to pause, read and pray each day. Especially now that I have a baby. It feels like there just isn’t enough time in the day, and when I do get down time, I admittedly tend to do work instead.

While this is a problem I need to solve in general, it feels especially troublesome right now during this pre-Christmas Advent season—a time when it’s important to dwell on the reason for our celebration. Hence why I’m super excited to have discovered She Reads Truth—an online community of women who are committed to reading God’s Word together. It’s both a website and an app—though I’m totally addicted to the app, which is beautifully designed and easy to use.

If you’re looking for something to help you focus on God this holiday season, I highly recommend it!

Do you make time to intentionally pause, read and pray this time of year? How do you keep yourself from distraction during the holidays?

Images via She Reads Truth

Kim
    December 5, 2014 at 8:32 am

Just downloaded! Can’t wait to start using it!

Katie McC
    December 5, 2014 at 9:40 am

I just started reading their advent devo to! I love that website. I actually wanted to buy the Naptime Diaries advent calendar but it was to late to order it and I didn’t feel like paying $10 to download and print out the files, so I am glad I found the She Reads Truth one online for free!

Katie McC
    December 5, 2014 at 9:41 am

Sara Visser
    December 5, 2014 at 9:43 am

Thank you for sharing! I just downloaded the app!

ali grace | cookies and grace
    December 5, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I love She Reads Truth. I’m doing a new John Piper Advent Reading Book this year, and it’s really great too! Free pdf here http://www.desiringgod.org/books/the-dawning-of-indestructible-joy
    Having a guide always helps me to stick with it. Happy Advent reading!

Urban Wife
    December 5, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I’ve been in the shereadstruth community since practically the very beginning and it has been such an awesome way for me to get my quiet time in. I really love the Advent study and it keeps me grounded during this extra busy time of year.