11 In wellness

Ina Garten’s Crunchy Noodle Salad

b77373214d2597d74a2907a08337f258-1

Be proud of me, friends—I made dinner last-night! And Brian was definitely thankful :) After seeing Ina make her delicious Crunchy Noodle Salad on Barefoot Contessa this week, I made up my mind to give it a try. And it was super easy! The only modification I might make in the future would be to add some extra soy sauce to the mix, because I just love a salty sauce on asian dishes.

Crunchy Noodle Salad

1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
3 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds, divided
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded, and thinly sliced
4 scallions (with and green parts), sliced diagonally
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

Meanwhile, bring another large pot of salted water to a boil, add the sugar snap peas, return to a boil, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp tender. Lift the sugar snap peas from the water with a slotted spoon and immerse them in a bowl of ice water. Drain.

For the dressing, whisk together the vegetable oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds and peanut butter in a medium bowl.

Combine the spaghetti, sugar snap peas, peppers and scallions in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the spaghetti mixture. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds and the parsley and toss together.

Are you trying any new recipes this week?

Photo via Food Network

Sherrine Francis
    February 27, 2014 at 10:37 am

Ooooo this looks yummy. I love that its got peanut butter in it.

Brooke @ BrilliantByBrooke
    February 27, 2014 at 12:07 pm

OooOHh.. Looks SO GOOD! Planet Organic has this AMAZING asian soba noodle salad very similar to this one, but they’ve got more veggies, upgrade the noodles instead of just using plain spaghetti, they use soba (made of buckwheat) and MUCH less oil! I”m all for a serving of healthy fat, but a CUP of oil?!!??! Holy moly… that is waaay too much IMO. I will DEFINITELy be making this but be putting my own spin on it with some added protein, reducing some of the oil and adding a few extra veggies.

Thanks for the share, Natalie!

February 27, 2014 at 12:16 pm

To each their own! Cooking is all about personalizing recipes to each of our tastes and wants :)

Carissa @ Pretty/Hungry
    February 27, 2014 at 1:28 pm

And the photo is lovely to boot!

Katie
    February 27, 2014 at 4:04 pm

This looks so delicious – thanks for sharing!

Heather || Heather's Dish
    February 27, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Let’s be honest, anything Ina makes is fabulous. I really think I’ve made 75% of her recipes and it’s always amazing! This salad is one of ’em – so good!

February 28, 2014 at 11:05 am

Agreed! I always have confidence her recipes will turn out perfectly. Simple food, done right!

Jewell
    March 3, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Natalie, my mom & I made this dish after you posted it and it was delicious! Weird question though…is it served hot or cold? How did you eat it?

March 4, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Oh, great question! It’s meant to be served as a pasta salad, so we ate it cold. But the next day my husband heated it up for lunch and said it was great hot, too!

Marylyn Sohlberg
    March 31, 2014 at 4:44 am

Natalie thank you!!! Grace and I made it with the limited ingredients we could find over here in China and it was still AMAZING! That sauce is killer. We are going to make it for our Chinese friends to ease them into liking uncooked vegetables… salads are not a thing here. We appreciated the crunchiness so much. Just wanted to say thank you and congrats on the baby! We are thinking about you and love your blog.