19 In beauty/ style

How to Fill in Your Eyebrows

How to Fill in Your Eyebrows // thoughtsbynatalie.com

After lots of questions and commentary on my eyebrows as of late (thank you, by the way—you guys are so nice!), I decided it was time to put together a quick video on how I personally create bold brows every day.

I started experimenting with different products and techniques for strong brows this summer after Glitter Guide did a post on it. And while all of the products I tried technically did the job, they also gave me terrible eczema—eek! So I continued to hunt around and found two products that work for me and give me no strange skin reactions: Sonia Kashuk Brow Definer and Sonia Kashuk Tinted Brow Gel, both available at Target.

In my experience, well-groomed brows make the eyes pop and create a slightly stronger looking bone structure. If I do no other makeup at all, I do my brows. In fact, if you’re doing bold brows, you should definitely keep the rest of your makeup toned down—like the J.Crew model look we all love so much.

Do you fill in your brows? What technique do you use? Which products are your favorite?

P.S. Did you give bold brows a try after watching this video? Send me a photo and I’ll share it on the Facebook page!

Meri Sue Ramsey
    November 22, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Loved this post! I’ll definitely be trying this.. I’m stopping by Target today – I’m so excited! Thanks, Natalie!

Lilly
    November 22, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Love this post Natalie! As a fellow blondie with “weak sauce” eyebrows, this was super helpful :)

November 22, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Haha, I’m glad!! As I tried different products, I felt like they were all way too dark—this is definitely the best and most natural-looking one I’ve found!

Sherrine Francis
    November 22, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Thanks so much for taking the time to do that! So helpful. After I watched this I went and picked up the goods. I’m ready to try :)

Kathleen
    November 22, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Love the tutorial, Natalie! Have you done one for how you do your top knots?

Christal
    November 22, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Loved this! I am seriously dense when it comes to make-up and I have naturally very thin sparse eyebrows! I gave this a shot tonight and actually loved the look! I’ll be playing around with the brows a lot more now! :) Thanks girl!

November 23, 2013 at 10:56 am

Oh gosh, me too! I actually learned this technique from a gal at the MAC store—but I was so impressed by how simple it was! Glad you gave it a try and are enjoying the look. Send over a photo and I’ll share it!!

Emily H
    November 23, 2013 at 5:18 pm

This was so helpful! :) If you are ever thinking about doing another makeup tutorial, I would love to know more about using concealer for under-eye bags. Mine are pretty dark and noticeable so any tips on how to hide them would be so helpful!

Allie Marie Smith
    November 24, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Definitely might have to invest in those items. Thanks for the recommendations!

Chrissy Powers
    November 24, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Love this tutorial. I just got an eyebrow brush and I needed to know how to use it. Thanks!

Denice
    January 3, 2014 at 7:30 pm

I was looking for tips on filling in eyebrows and stumbled across your post. Must try! Your comment about items breaking you out made me wonder, what products work well for you? I have contact dermatitis, and I am ALWAYS searching for better makeup!

Sarah
    May 17, 2014 at 9:17 am

I’ve been using Revlon’s brow fantasy. I love the concept of the gel applied with a mascara brush. Most times I don’t even need a pencil. I will have to try the Sonia Kashuk gel. Brows make such a huge difference!

Erin Stewart
    February 8, 2015 at 5:36 am

Hi there!

Thanks for the video! I have been struggling with my brows for about 2 years now. As a girl, I was never taught what to do with my eyebrows and so I just started tweezing away (literally). They are pretty damaged as a result (hair just won’t grow back in some areas!) So, two things: 1. I will definitely try out these products and techniques and 2. I am 8 months preggers and if this little one is a girl, I will definitely be teaching her the dos and don’ts of makeup and eyebrows!

E