going out on a limb

Hey friends! If you read a mindful vote last week you might remember that I only shared those thoughts here on the blog because The Conversation denied me the opportunity to respond to their voting article with another point of view. However, they eventually came around and changed their minds—and that article just got posted today.

If you hate politics, feel free to ignore it and move on with your lovely Saturday. However, if you’re curious, you can read it here! Also, if the election has left you feeling sad and sick of bantering, here’s a video just for you, courtesy of Ellen Degeneres…

When have you felt strongly enough about something to put yourself out on a limb and risk criticism? Do share—I need a little encouragement today!

Keep in touch! Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest

Nicole Zasowski
    November 3, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Well done my friend! I completely agree!

emily
    November 3, 2012 at 9:56 pm

You should be proud of your perseverance in convincing “the conversation” to allow you to afford their readers another, alternative opinion. While I politically disagree with several things that you mentioned, I think it is so great that you spoke up and got your article posted on the blog- I love that we all have the right to believe what we want here in the usa:)!

embitions.blogspot.com

November 4, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Thank you, Emily! It’s been a crazy weekend, but I’m grateful for people like you who can encourage me to share my beliefs even though you have a different view. Thankful for you—that’s real beauty, my friend!

Janel
    November 4, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Hi Natalie, I think your articles were great–both here, and on the conversation. I share your views, and am frequently discouraged and actually offended that as a woman, I am reduced to people thinking I only care about my own rights. I want a job and I want my husband to have a job in an economically strong country—contraceptives, planned parenthood, etc. is inconsequential compared to putting food on the table! Thanks for your bravery!

November 4, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Hi Janel! Thank you for responding and for reading the articles. Glad to have your support!

Libby Ashley
    November 4, 2012 at 4:27 pm

That’s not easy to subject yourself to that much scrutiny, but I am more inspired now to be more open about the way I feel, despite if it’s contrary to popular opinion. I’m proud of you :)

November 5, 2012 at 12:58 am

Thanks Libby! So glad I’ve inspired your to be more open about your feelings! xo