Confession: all of my life, I’ve wanted to be tall. When I was little I was obsessed with being 5’11” and had high hopes of at least being 5’8″ since my mom is 5’7″ and my dad is 6′ and kids usually end up somewhere in between their parents’ heights, right? Well, wrong. Thanks to years of gymnastics, I landed solidly at 5’4″ and that is that. I now live vicariously through my super tall husband—for all who have ever wondered, he is 6’9″—and rely instead on heels and sneaky tricks to make myself appear less short than I am.
As it turns out, there are all kinds of simple tips to look taller, and (bonus!) none of the ones I’m sharing today involve wearing uncomfortable heels. How great is that?
If you’re already tall, feel free to skip this post or copy the link and send it to a friend. If you’re short (or average height) like me, read on!
1. Wear high-waisted skirts and shorts.
2. Try a monochromatic look.
3. Wear nude ankle boots to elongate your legs.
4. Try a romper.
5. Wear flats that expose as much skin as possible.
6. Wear vertical stripes, like a tuxedo pant.
7. Pull up your hair or cut it short. (Or just wear it with more volume—hello, big waves!)
8. Try flared jeans.
9. Keep shorts and skirts short (but tasteful).
10. Wear v-necks.
SHOP THE POST
Scroll through for all kinds of make-you-look-taller items to add to your wardrobe.
Do you have any tips to add?
Photo via Madewell