wellness

I Got A Bike!

March 12, 2014

You guys, I am just beyond excited about my recent pregnancy gift to myself: a beautiful, cream-colored, Dutch-style bike!

I ordered it through Critical Cycles based on a recommendation from a friend, and the model I chose is the Dutch-Style 7-Speed City Bike. Though I was tempted to go with the 1-speed, Brian reminded me that we have hills in our neighborhood and that I’d really regret not having gears. After my inaugural ride on Monday, I can attest to the fact that he was 100% correct. Thank you, Brian.

While I just got it and am yet to really explore town on it, I’m already in love. I feel so European on it, and I love the fact that I get to sit up straight while riding it, unlike previous, more athletically-geared bikes I’ve had in the past. Since my doctor has me on a break from running for another month or so, I’m hoping this bike will help me get out there and getting fresh air each day, giving me the exercise my body needs, especially while incubating this little human being.

Do you have a bike? What type is it and what kind of biking do you like to do (cruising, mountain biking, cycling…)?

P.S. I’m not affiliated with Critical Cycles at all—just a happy new owner!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Joanna March 12, 2014 at 11:58 am

Ohmygoodness. This bike is so cute!
    I want one.
    I might just order one.
    Soon.

• Reply Brian March 12, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Glad you took my advice! You look so cute on that bike. There’s something so refreshing and simple about bike riding. Reminds me of childhood and all the good times cruising around on a bike exploring things. Glad you like it!

• Reply Natalie Lynn Borton March 12, 2014 at 4:31 pm

You are so sweet ;) And yes, I agree, the simplicity of bike riding is so beautiful! Definitely reminds me of childhood as well. Can’t wait to ride around near the coast soon. So much exploring to do!

• Reply Aubrey Hubbell March 12, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Why a beautiful bicycle! I got a vintage 1967 red Schwinn last summer and am completely in love! Biking around the city is one of my favorite things to do! Have fun!

• Reply Emlyn March 20, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Whoa, I LOVE this! I love the city bike too, would be soooo perfect for zipping around boston!

• Reply Natalie Lynn Borton March 24, 2014 at 8:36 am

I actually thought of you when I bought this!!! It just felt so Emlyn to me :) You should totally get one and we can be bike twins!!