25 In Uncategorized

A New Project: Nellie Magazine

I’ve been working on a new project that I am both excited and slightly nervous to share. It’s something I’ve been thinking about for a while, but admittedly something that had a lot of fear surrounding it. What if people didn’t like it? What if nobody wanted to be part of it? What if I don’t have what it takes? All of those thoughts crept in my head and I finally decided to ignore them and go for it.

One of my biggest passions in life—in addition to helping redefine beauty in our culture—is helping women live fulfilling lives. Thus far, I’ve pursued that through my writing and personal relationships, but I recently realized that I could be doing even more. Although writing it is a major passion of mine, I couldn’t help but ask myself if I could create something more meaningful, valuable and successful if I created something more collaborative in nature. And so I did.

A New Project: Nellie Magazine // thoughtsbynatalie.com

Nellie Magazine is a guide to shining brightly in the everyday. We’ll cover style & living, health & wellness, home & entertaining and relationships & family with a goal of helping you live a radiant life that is fulfilling, inspiring and contagious. Our official launch date is still to be determined, but if you’d be so kind to visit Nellie and provide your email, we’ll alert you as soon as we go live. Until then, you can start following us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Stay tuned, and if you would be so kind, please spread the word!

Megan @ Lush to Blush
    November 7, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I saw your post earlier today and immediately followed. This is a great idea and I’m sure it will be very successful! I’d love to be a part of it in some way if you are still looking for contributors or any other creative collaborations! Looking forward to what you have up your sleeve :)

xo Megan, LushtoBlush.com

November 7, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I think you were the first follower—woohoo! I will shoot you an email right now :)

Sarah Brooke
    November 7, 2013 at 1:53 pm

This sounds so wonderful! I have been following you for a while and have always loved your thoughts on living a fulfilling life. It’s always refreshing. Like Megan said above, if you are ever in need of contributors or help in any way, I’d love to be a part of it.

I’m really excited to follow along!

November 7, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Thanks so much, Sarah! I’m quite excited about it :) We’ll definitely be looking for contributors, so stay tuned!

Jessica
    November 7, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Yay! That’s so exciting. I can’t wait to read more :)

Allison
    November 7, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Natalie, this is super cool! The world definitely needs more sources for how to live an inspired fulfilling life, especially if your magazine is going to print. I’m excited to see what’s in store!

November 14, 2013 at 8:48 am

Thanks Allison! This will only be online, but is sure to be pretty and inspiring :)

Amanda K Gordon (@amandakgordon)
    November 7, 2013 at 6:28 pm

This is super exciting Natalie! All signed up & ready to read :) xo

KZ
    November 7, 2013 at 8:24 pm

This looks really awesome! I can’t wait to read it and I am sure it will be amazing :)

Mathilda
    November 8, 2013 at 12:01 am

I would love to know what the difference to Darling Magazine will be? It sounds so much the same.

elizabeth
    November 8, 2013 at 7:47 am

Nat! What an exciting adventure! I just signed up :) I know everyone is eager to be involved but if you need guest contributors – let me know!

Kelsey Betts
    November 8, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I am ever so stoked for this! Very exciting and am so encouraged that you continue to use your amazing gift as a writer. Bon courage! (Of course I jumped on the bandwagon and signed up. I am utterly delighted and thrilled to see Nellie thrive.)

Also interested in the difference between Darling and Nellie as their similarities are evident.

November 14, 2013 at 8:08 am

Thanks so much Kelsey! The main difference is that Nellie is online-only—essentially a collaborative blog where I can bring together talented women’s voices to inspire and encourage on a wide variety of content that’s relevant to 20- and 30-something women :) No print magazine here!

Avery @ Some Blissful Thinking
    November 10, 2013 at 11:25 am

This looks so exciting, Natalie! Please let me know if you are in need of contributors. I would love to help out!

Kelly Sommer
    November 11, 2013 at 11:36 am

Hi Natalie – well done! Congrats!

Katie
    November 15, 2013 at 9:46 am

SO very excited about the intention behind this brewing curation of Jesus’ heart and bigger-than-human-minds-can-imagine glimpse at His vision for us. Thank you for radically and creatively foraging in the world of media for us, your sisters <3

xx

Christina Kwan
    November 15, 2013 at 10:13 am

Congratulations on your new venture! I will definitely follow, as everything you do is inspiring :-) Best of luck and I can’t wait to see it!

Tiffany Roney
    November 18, 2013 at 7:18 am

That sounds fabulous!

Jacki
    November 18, 2013 at 7:46 am

Congratulations – very exciting news! Looking forward to reading Nellie. Some of my favorite websites are collaborative, multi-contributor blogs/magazines. Getting the best of many different writers’ perspectives in one place is always a win! :)