7 In Uncategorized

Doing Something Great

I can’t get the idea out of my mind of doing something great. Something that inspires people. Something that is useful to people. Something that helps people live better, happier, more fulfilled lives. Maybe I’m being idealistic, but I can’t get away from this urge to create something that does all of those things.

Perhaps it’s this blog, and just making it better. Perhaps it’s a collection of essays, sharing my thoughts on beauty and self-image along with my personal experiences. Perhaps it’s a brand new thing that brings together brilliant women who have more wisdom collectively than I could ever hope to have on my own. I’m not sure what exactly I’m after, but I feel like there is something brewing.

Do you ever feel the urge to do something great? Do you know what that great thing is yet? Or are you with me—almost there but not quite able to put your finger on it?

Jacki
    October 24, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Oh, yes – I feel this way all the time! I just started reading “Eat, Pray, Love” and am already crying a bunch because of how deeply I can relate, and in so many areas of my life I feel like I’m right on the verge of something great – or big, anyway – but unable to put my finger on it. Being 6 months (tomorrow!) away from 30, I feel like I’m approaching this major life crossroads and I am not ready to be there and impatient to be there at the same time. Enjoy the “something brewing” feeling and the discovery process!

Kristin
    October 24, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Hi Natalie,

I very much resonate with those feelings, and within each one of us there is a desire and capacity greatness. I believe we were created in the image of a God who is great to the max, and that very same fabric is woven into his creation. Equally important (and what I love about your thoughts above), is that very greatness was meant to help, serve, bless, encourage those around us. If my dreams and hopes of greatness terminate on me and my little story, then I am missing the point.

My friend and I were somewhat talking about this over the phone today, and we feel we are on to something great with a project we started a few months ago called TRIAD Magazine (triadmagazine.com). It’s in the beginning stages, but the vision for this magazine is what increases my desire to point out greatness all around us, for the sake of not only our own souls but the souls of others.

I’m excited to see what comes of the ideas brewing in your head! Keep your eyes open…you might be much closer to that “something” than you realize.

lovergirl
    October 24, 2013 at 3:39 pm

I’m right there with you! I get quick snapshots and sweet tastes of what this great idea will be. I’m just praying for the right people to come into my life to help me fine tune what this is going to be!

Nicole Zasowski
    October 24, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I like the gathering women together idea :) And I want to come! Can’t wait to see what you do!

Emily
    October 25, 2013 at 4:39 am

Yes! I totally agree . . . turning similar thoughts around in my head this week as well. I’m trying to brainstorm a lot and do a lot of note-jotting so that the ideas can develop. How do you brainstorm?

~Emily
    @emilyamcccord

claudine
    October 31, 2013 at 10:48 pm

thank you for sharing. yes, absolutely… I am right there with you! 2 days ago I moved to mexico (left a happy/thriving life/business in San Francisco) to follow my passion for creating the farm to table experience for people and leading wellness retreats… “GATHERING WOMEN” yes, come on down to todos santos baja!
    Question for you… what section of the book store are you drawn to? What gets you really excited and passionate when talking to someone? What do you have to loose?
    Though I must say… I think you’re not giving yourself enough credit chica… :) through your blog and writing you are already “Something that inspires people. Something that is useful to people. Something that helps people live better, happier, more fulfilled lives”
    xo