wellness

The Perfect Iced Coffee

September 24, 2013

It’s no secret that I’m a big coffee fan. But sometimes, it’s just too warm for a hot brew, and iced coffee is an absolute must. Until now, I’ve settled for sub-par iced coffee, made with strong hot coffee over ice, and non-dairy milk that sort of morphs into something weird when in contact with the coffee. Thankfully, those days are over.

The key to the perfect iced coffee is quality ingredients: cold brew coffee (which has a smooth taste and isn’t bitter at all), super creamy milk, ice cubes, and sweetener of choice (optional).

The Perfect Iced Coffee // www.thoughtsbynatalie.com

The Perfect Iced Coffee
Cold Brew coffee
Califia Farms almond milk (available at Whole Foods)
Handful of ice cubes
Sweetener (optional)

This is hardly a recipe—more like the perfect ratio of ingredients. My personal preference is 3 parts coffee, 4 parts milk. I make my coffee using a 16oz Tervis tumbler, which has lines that make it super easy to measure. But if you don’t have a cup like that, try a 1-1 ratio and then add a little extra milk until the taste is to your liking. Once it tastes the way you want it, add any sweetener you might want (I prefer mine unsweetened, but recommend liquid Stevia, as it mixes in really well), then ice. Enjoy!

Are you an iced coffee fan? Do you ever make it at home?

P.S. How to make your own cold brew concentrate. Plus, how to make the perfect cup of pour over coffee.

You Might Also Like

• Reply Megan @ Lush to Blush September 24, 2013 at 11:01 am

I LOVE iced coffee. I drink it year ’round and I make mine almost just like this! I use more coffee than almond milk and I haven’t tried the liquid stevia yet. I’ll definitely have to check that out! Thanks for sharing :)

Megan

• Reply Natalie Lynn Borton September 24, 2013 at 11:59 am

If you like a little sweetness, I highly recommend it! They have it at Trader Joe’s as well :)

• Reply Hélène September 24, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I LOVEEEE cold brew! My hubby got me hooked… we love the Grady’s kind. It’s so delicious on a hot summer day. Back to hot coffee though now that fall is upon us!

PS i love the aesthetic of your blog.

PPS giving away a pair of Rich & Skinny jeans – ends tomorrow! http://www.fashionoverreason.com/2013/09/rich-skinny-other-things.html

xx

• Reply Natalie Lynn Borton September 24, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Glad you like the blog! And yes, totally hot coffee weather soon :)

• Reply Stacey September 24, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I’m not usually much of an iced coffee drinker but during the HOT Florida summers I usually go for a colder beverage. Now that I have this recipe I’ll definitely try it out! :]

• Reply Sam September 24, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Your cup!!!! Love it.

• Reply Natalie Lynn Borton September 24, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Haha, thanks! I borrowed it from a friend while visiting her lake house, but now I want one for myself!