Earlier this week Brian and I watched “America the Beautiful,” a documentary about our unhealthy obsession with media- and fashion-defined physical beauty. Although a more detailed review is in the works, I felt so fired up by the movie that I wanted to do something immediately to affirm real beauty, and give us all something true and positive to fill our heads with.
This is what I know to be true:
- Beauty is more than what we look like—it’s what radiates from our souls.
- Beauty is embracing the body we were born with, and respecting it with the choices we make.
- Beauty is belly-deep laughter and taking time to smell the flowers.
- Beauty is unique to each and every one of us.
- Beauty is kindness, love, generosity and selflessness.
Pretty may sell magazines, clothes and products, but beauty changes the world.
What makes you uniquely beautiful?
P.S. Today is the last day of the November Top Commenter Contest. Catch up on your reading + commenting, and you could enjoy your Starbucks holiday beverages for free this year!