6 In style

Buffalo Check

Madewell hat, Madewell shirt, Madewell bag, Madewell jeans (similar), Natalie Borton necklace, Sam Edelman sandals

Buffalo plaid season has arrived! Though it’s not technically fall yet, September is always when I start to bring out my plaid and check patterned favorites. Black and white check/gingham is absolutely my favorite pattern of the moment so I was thrilled when I saw this top while shopping at Madewell. The way I styled it is absolutely a “transition” outfit from summer to fall thanks to my summer sandals. When the weather gets chillier, I’ll swap out the sandals for ankle boots and add a jacket or sweater as a cozy top layer. Is anyone else so, so excited that we’re finally getting into the best season of the year?!

Outfit Details

Nicole
    September 6, 2016 at 6:26 am

Hi Natalie—I love this outfit & cannot wait to bust out all of the plaid for fall. I was wondering, does the buffalo shirt fit TTS for you? I am a typically a small in Madewell, but one of the reviews threw me for a loop on sizing… :-/ Thanks!

September 6, 2016 at 12:37 pm

I’m sort of in between an XS and S, depending on the style, and I got a small in this top! Hope this helps ;)

Sarah
    September 6, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Hi Natalie, how tall are you? I’ve been thinking of trying Madewell jeans for a while but I’m not sure if I’m too short for them at 5’0. They look great on you rolled up, so maybe I can do the same?? I’m a size 00 in AE tomgirl shorts…which size would you recommend for Madewell? Thx so much! Btw just received my Tabitha necklace and I love it! My first NB piece! I’m sure it won’t be my last!

September 6, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Thank you for your kind words!! So glad you love your necklace so much—that makes my day :) I’m 5’4″ so they may be a little long on you, BUT, I’m pretty sure Madewell hems jeans for you for free if you have a store nearby. Or at the very least, you can definitely roll them like me. I’m a size 4 in the AE shorts and wear a 26 in the Madewell jeans (they run big), so you’d probably be a 24!

Amanda
    November 1, 2016 at 3:17 am

I just bought this too and didn’t know how to style it. Is yours fully tucked in? How would you style for colder weather?

November 1, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Sometimes I tuck it all the way in, other times just the front. You can also layer this under a sweater for cooler days or put an olive green or camel jacket over it! And ankle boots, too :)