Today’s post is about two of my favorite things: friendship and beautifully designed products that work.
The photo above is one of me and one of my very best gal pals, Annie Gruetzmacher. We became fast friends after meeting at a dear mutual friend’s wedding in Texas. We then ended up as co-workers when she moved out here to San Diego, where her now-husband was stationed in the Navy, and our friendship truly blossomed after I left the company and we had a chance to be friends because we really wanted to, not just because we had mutual friends and cubes right near each other.
Double date night!
Anyone who meets Annie will notice a few things: she’s insanely gorgeous (her hair and eyebrows are literal perfection), she’s honest, she’s hilarious and you pretty much want to be her BFF. Recently, she embarked on a new endeavor with Beautycounter, a beauty brand with a mission to get safer products in the hands of everyone, and has since made a total fan out of me.
Although they definitely sell high performing, luxurious makeup, I’ve mostly tried out their skincare items and have added all of them to my regular routine. These are my favorites:
- Lustro Face Oil 2 // Very hydrating, and smells amazing.
- Protect All Over Sunscreen SPF 30 // Our whole family has tried it! It has a delightful scent that doesn’t have that “sunscreen” odor to it. It’s also really moisturizing.
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer (in shade No. 2) // An easy one-step option for getting ready in the morning—moisturizer, SPF and skin tint in one! Both Annie and I wear the No. 2 shade.
- Routine Clean Cream Cleanser // A gentle cleanser that doesn’t feel drying—I like to use it in the shower!
Products I’m interested to try out are:
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar // Hopefully this can help me out with the adult acne I’ve developed since having Jack!
- Protect Stick Sunscreen // Same sunscreen, different delivery method. I imagine this would be handy to have in my diaper bag or purse.
- Protect Lip Balm // I love lip balm with SPF in the summer since we’re in the sun so much. I’d be curious to see what this one is like.
If you have any questions about the products at all, let us know in the comments and Annie and I will get right back to you.
Have you tried Beautycounter yet? Which products do you use and love, or which are you interested in trying?
P.S. Join Annie’s Facebook group, Beautycounter by Annie for product updates, deals and more.