6 In style

Cargo Vest

DSC_1048

DSC_1037DSC_1034 DSC_1046 DSC_1051

This vest has proven to be a real wardrobe multi-tasker. I first showed it off in this post, and have proceeded to wear it with all kinds of other things I already had in my closet. It was the ideal addition for spring, when layering is essential but it’s not really full-on jacket weather anymore (at least not here in San Diego). I already know this piece is going to double my outfit options, because it changes the look so much without any effort. (Seriously, imagine no vest in these photos—totally different look!). The fact that it buttons and cinches at the waist adds to the possibilities.

Aside from the massive versatility of this piece, I appreciate that it also provides me with extra pockets. Fellow mamas know that you always need more pockets. For your phone. Your sunglasses. Your kid’s snack. A miscellaneous baby wipe. Pockets = life. And this vest nails it.

Outfit Details

Mossimo vest, Old Navy top (similar), Madewell jeans, Madewell shoes (c/o), Skagen watch (c/o Zappos), Madewell earrings

Nicole
    March 24, 2016 at 10:44 am

I love this vest!!! I bought it recently and you are so right–totally versatile, chic and comfy too! How does it wash? I’m afraid to wash it because the fabric is so soft and silky. Don’t want it to get any shorter! :)

dylcia
    March 24, 2016 at 11:30 am

I got a similar vest at Target a month ago and it’s definitely wardrobe must-have.

Dee Schofield
    March 24, 2016 at 1:31 pm

I LOVE this vest! I went to a Cabi clothing party last night and wanted this cargo vest so bad. Thankfully, I didn’t purchase it last night, the one from Target is $100.00 cheaper. I’m excited to double my wardrobe.

Gennean
    March 24, 2016 at 2:18 pm

I literally went out and bought this vest after reading your post! Thanks :)

Lindsay
    March 28, 2016 at 3:06 pm

This is so funny! I bought this vest yesterday (and picked it up at Target today) and thought “I wonder if that Natalie girl I follow has any style posts about vests…” and lo and behold, here it is. I was planning on wearing it with a black long sleeve, jeans and shorty boots for an upcoming blogger event (local event for community blog contributors). Thanks for confirming this look. Love your space!

March 28, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Yay!!! So glad you got it—it is such a great vest, right?! I bet you look awesome in it!