Year 29

IMG_9156

Today is my 29th birthday—the first day of my last year of my 20s! My friend told me the other day that your 29th birthday is really your first 29th birthday since everyone jokes as they get older that they’re turning 29. Aging is funny—though it feels weird to use the word “aging” when I’m not even 30. I recognize that I’m pretty dang young.

For my birthday last year, I was home with a newborn snuggled up on my chest—such a sharp contrast to the year before when Brian and I were running around New York City without a care in the world. This year is wildly different once again—I’m chasing a one-year-old around, running a new business and no longer really a new mom.

Each year brings new challenges and joys, and I guess this year I just feel thankful to be where I’m at. To have the husband and son that I do. To have the freedom to have my own business. To have a community of women in my life who are kind, loving, supportive and funny. To have all of you supporting me here as I share my thoughts with you and now sell my jewelry. I guess I just feel overwhelmingly blessed today and don’t want to take anything in my life for granted.

Oh, and before I forget…as a gift to YOU on my birthday, I’m covering the cost of shipping on all orders from my shop—use the code HAPPYBIRTHDAY at checkout ;)

Cheers to 29 being the best year yet!

Jessaca
    October 15, 2015 at 11:28 am

Happiest birthday! Girl, you’re so brave with that entrepreneurial spirit of yours! Love it!

Urban Wife
    October 15, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Happy birthday!! Time sure flies by. Enjoy your last year in your twenties. It’s only uphill from there.

P.s. I can’t believe I’ve been reading along since a little after that New York trip. Cheers to many more years! :)

Angela
    October 15, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Happy birthday Natalie! It’s been a pleasure to follow your journey since I discovered your blog while we were both pregnant. Wishing you an awesome year ahead!!!

Janice Desjean
    October 15, 2015 at 1:42 pm

I want the Jenna necklace. Lmk when it’s available, please…

Mindy taylor
    October 15, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you got spoiled today!!!

Andi
    October 16, 2015 at 6:55 am

Happy Birthday!!! 29 was an awesome year for me!

Cathrin Figur
    October 16, 2015 at 10:17 am

I hope you had a great first 29th birthday! I will soon be celebrating my 29th birthday for the 23d time and I sometimes wish, I had been as self confident as you are, when I was your age! I really enjoy your blog and I am also a follower on pinterest. Greetings from a 50 year old mom of three grown-ups from Germany! Carry on!

Katie
    October 17, 2015 at 9:50 am

Happy Birthday dearest! I hope it is a wonderful derail day of celebrating you and this life!