7 In wellness

Live Well: Unplugged Evenings

DeathtoStock_Medium5

I have a confession: I’m totally addicted to checking my phone! I know this isn’t a rare phenomenon, but it’s a habit I really hate and would love to break. Since I don’t have a ton of boundaries between my work and my home life, I justify checking social media regularly as a way to stay on top of work things—but, the reality is, I end up feeling really tired even after what should’ve been a restful evening at home, and my husband ends up getting the short end of the stick because I’m not fully present when he’s home.

So, this week I’m going to be unplugging after I put Jack to bed and enjoy technology-free evenings at home. I think it’s finally time to break this terrible habit! What do you think—you in?

P.S. Have any of you continued the other challenges? I am still mostly drinking 2-3L of water a day, and I totally meal planned today. Hooray!

Image via Death to the Stock Photo

Katie @ Live Half Full
    August 23, 2015 at 6:56 pm

I typically have a rule for myself that my phone goes in my bedroom when I get home so I can stay present and unplug after work. Time to get back in that habit!

Alicia
    August 24, 2015 at 5:44 am

This is a GREAT challenge – I’m in.

Jessica
    August 24, 2015 at 8:27 am

This is so hard! I’ve tried it a number of times. This weekend, we went camping as a family up in Big Bear and it was so nice not to have cell service but now back at home, I find myself resorting to the same old things! Honestly, how many times can I check Facebook in a day? :) I’m in!

VaNessa
    August 24, 2015 at 8:55 am

I am totally down for the challenge. I did the Everygirl challenge a while ago and failed miserably. Hopefully, I will do better this time! :)

Betsy
    August 24, 2015 at 10:20 am

I love this, Natalie! I was able to to this for a while but I have to admit that I haven’t been following through with it the past few weeks. Hopefully I will do better now! God bless.

Cassie
    August 24, 2015 at 12:01 pm

I need to do this!! I’m in for the challenge. As a new mom with a husband who works nights I find myself on my phone a lot after my daughter goes to sleep. There is so much more I could be doing instead!

Also, I love the look of the sweater you are wearing in this photo. Where is it from?

Ashlee Chu
    August 28, 2015 at 11:14 am

Awesome idea! I’ll have to try this soon.

I’ve done a similar challenge back in college. My resident advisor asked all the girls on my floor to turn off our phones for a full 24-hours and make life happen. It had its uneasy moments, but it was ironically freeing.