Some Fridays are like Fri-YAY…but this morning was not one of them. I woke up suddenly, frustratingly aware of how much stuff needs to get done and how little time I have to do any of it. Most of it was small stuff (finishing organizing my closet, making the beds, doing the laundry, feeding Jack breakfast), and some of it was bigger picture (doing blog photo shoots, writing articles I’ve committed to write, finish decorating our living, getting the house repainted).
I started the day off on the totally wrong foot, but sometimes that’s just life. After listening to me vent, trying for a moment to fix the problem, and then realizing I just needed to get my feelings out there, Brian went straight to the kitchen to whip up a delicious breakfast and by the time we were done eating I felt like I just might be able to get it all done. Or at least be okay with some of it staying unchecked on my to-do list. I may have a lot on my plate, but it is in fact the weekend and that in itself is reason to celebrate. Anyone else ever wake up feeling smacked in the face with too much to do?!?
Now, for some favorite links this week…
1. A big summer sale! (Old Navy)
2. Flourless anything crumble. (The Wiegands)
3. A serial entrepreneur’s recipe for success. (Glitter Guide)
4. How to sleep on your back. (Byrdie)
5. The smart girl’s guide to meal planning. (Lauren Conrad)
6. Love the bod you’ve got. (The Refined Woman)
7. A perfect summer sandal—for only $20. (Target)
9. A DIY marble pitcher that looks surprisingly easy to make. (The Sweetest Occasion)
10. A sweatshirt every mom needs. (Ily Couture)
Photo via Death to the Stock Photo