8 In style

This or That: Chambray Romper

romper

Earlier today I tried on the comfiest, softest chambray romper at Anthropologie that I almost bought, but decided to wait on due to it’s steep price tag of $128. I posted an Instagram photo (shown above) and @urbanwife pointed out that Old Navy had a similar one for $20—a fraction of the price. Thanks for the heads up, girl!

I might end up going back for the Anthro one in the end due to the fit and quality of the fabric, but it’s nice to know there is a less expensive option out there if I decide to skip the investment and save some cash.

Which would you get?

Lula
    April 30, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Love that romper! It looks great on you! Looks great with your sandals too. Inspiration to try one out ^_^ LulaVida.com

Alysa
    April 30, 2015 at 7:02 pm

that’s a tough one! I know for a fact that Anthro has better sources for their clothes.. they don’t generally use huge factories where the workers make puny wages and work all the time. I don’t know what Old Navy’s practices are. Part of the high price of Anthro is definitely the fact that the person who made that was paid reasonably well.

Hannah Elizabeth
    April 30, 2015 at 8:37 pm

LOVE the Anthro romper! Not sure if it’s worth the price though! Perhaps it would be if you knew you would get its worth in wears. If not, the Oldnavy romper is a definite cute match for a lower cost. :) I would probably go with the Oldnavy one personally, only because I don’t think I would wear it enough to justify the price.

May 1, 2015 at 8:54 am

That’s ultimately why I left the store unsure…the price is just a teensy bit high for me, too. I think if it were $75 I probably could justify it, but $128 feels steep!

Urban Wife
    April 30, 2015 at 9:10 pm

It looks fabulous on you! :) Also, I meant to ask you…where are your cute sandals from? I would definitely go for the anthro romper over the old navy one. I tried on the old navy one and ended up not buying it, because it didn’t fit me well up top. Maybe the anthro one will eventually go on sale! Let us know if you end up buying it. ;)

May 1, 2015 at 9:03 am

Yes! I’m definitely keeping it on my radar for a future sale. The sandals are from Target last year, but these are similar ones from Steve Madden: http://bit.ly/1OMdxqN

Gina
    May 5, 2015 at 10:10 am

I think if you absolutely love it and you see yourself still loving in a couple of years, I would definitely go for the Anthro one. I find that having fewer quality items makes me happier than trying to find less expensive options and then not loving them.
    If it helps, it looks awesome on you;)
    XO,Gina