12 In style

After The Bump

DSC_0001

I have to admit, though I knew in my mind that HATCH Collection’s pieces were intended for pregnancy and postpartum wear, I had my doubts. But now that I’m on the other side of things—with a happy, chubby 4-month-old in my arms—I am glad to say that these pieces are absolutely still wardrobe staples for me!

Over the summer during my pregnancy I shared how I styled four different items: The Bateau Top, The Meadow Dress, The Lily Dress and The Mia Dress. Since it’s now winter, I’ve put the summery dresses away for awhile and today am sharing how I’ve been wearing The Bateau Top and The Mia Dress.

THE BATEAU TOP / Whenever I wear this top, I’m always stopped and asked, Where did you get that?!? It really is the perfect shirt. It’s just the right amount of slouchy and fitted, has a feminine boat neck neckline, and in black and white stripe it never goes out of style. I wear mine most often with destroyed denim and ankle boots (as shown) or boyfriend jeans and simple flats.

DSC_0012

DSC_0013

HATCH Collection Top / American Eagle Jeggings / Bauble Bar Necklace / Madewell Bracelet / Old Navy Ankle Boots (Similar)

THE MIA DRESS / I have always been obsessed with the way this dress flows. When pregnant, it accentuated my bump in the best way. And now that I have a waist again, its slightly high-low cut highlights my legs while keeping things classy in the back. I styled it with a denim jacket, my gorgeous new canvas and leather diaper bag and leopard ankle boots for a bit of height and sass. For chillier (California) days, I’d also throw on a scarf for a bit more warmth.

DSC_0009

DSC_0044

DSC_0056

DSC_0061

HATCH Collection Dress / J.Crew Jacket / Madewell Earrings / Target sunglasses / Sole Society Booties

P.S. See the whole series on HATCH Collection’s blog here :)

Sarah
    February 2, 2015 at 5:21 am

Love both of these! How loose is the bateau top when you’re standing? I will have to remember these for Baby #2!

Angela
    February 2, 2015 at 6:41 am

The clothing looks effortless yet pulled together which is not easy to pull off! Well done.
    I’ve never felt like I could pull off a loose flowy dress, but I might have to reconsider. :)

February 2, 2015 at 11:17 am

Thanks Angela! I find that flowy pieces work better when they are shorter. This dress is pretty ideal because it has a slight high-low hemline, so it’s not overwhelming in terms of fabric, but keeps the bum well covered in the back, haha.

Maria
    February 2, 2015 at 8:05 am

You look beautiful Natalie! I love the striped top and booties.

February 2, 2015 at 11:18 am

Thank you! It’s definitely a regular outfit for me these days :)

Hilary
    February 3, 2015 at 10:17 am

Question: how the heck do you nurse in that dress?? I’ve basically given up on dresses because I can’t figure out how to nurse my 9-month-old without just hiking up the whole thing and exposing my bum and belly and everything. Am I missing something? Or do you just not wear that dress when there’s a chance you might have to nurse in public? (It looks fantastic, by the way…just wondering about practicality!)

February 3, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Ha! You are absolutely right—unless you wore some shorts underneath, it would be impossible! I really only wear this if I know I won’t need to nurse anytime soon.

Melissa
    February 3, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Hi –
    I was actually wondering about the chairs that you are sitting on in the first set of photos. I love them and would love to know where you got them from.

Thank you!
    Melissa

Elissa
    February 3, 2015 at 7:09 pm

I agree with Angela, I’ve never thought I could pull off a loose flowy dress either…without it looking like a boat on me. The dress looks amazing on you though! Hatch no longer has that color available but I’m thinking about the coral/ivory stripe or the olive color. I’m due in July!!

Alysa
    February 11, 2015 at 6:52 pm

these outfits are just darling! I miss a lot of the stuff I wore during my pregnancy, they don’t really work well with nursing so they’re not being worn anymore :(