9 In style

DSC_0035

DSC_0009

DSC_0018

DSC_0012

DSC_0017

DSC_0022

After taking a little break to, you know, have a baby, I’m thrilled to be contributing to Darling’s print edition once again! As a former Darling Magazine editor, I’ve always loved what they represent, but I’m especially obsessed with their recent #RealNotRetouched campaign. With all of the images we’re exposed to everyday of women who have been photoshopped to look like a “better,” more “perfect” version of themselves, it’s refreshing to read the pages of Darling and see diverse, beautiful women that have not been altered in any way.

The article I wrote is called, “Pretty, Prettier, Prettiest” and is, of course, about beauty—my favorite topic! It specifically addresses the idea of beauty superiority. Let me know if you read it—I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Now, the outfit. I got the top and both pieces of jewelry for Christmas and am loving their simplicity and timelessness. They are pieces I definitely will be wearing for many years to come. The swingy-yet-structured nature of the top is the perfect mix of comfort and style that can easily be dressed up or dressed down, and the bracelet feels like a work of art. And that necklace? The perfect topper for a simple tee if you ask me.

_________________
Madewell Top
American Eagle Jeggings
Madewell Bracelet
Madewell Necklace
Darling Magazine Issue No. 10
_________________

Renee
    December 29, 2014 at 8:29 am

I love the top and wish I had grabbed it before it sold out! Have you seen any similar styles that you’d recommend? I need tops that are stylish and easy to nurse and pump in.

Karina Casillas
    December 29, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I totally love the idea of natural real beauty! Such a great thing! You look beautiful as always!

Love, Karina
    TheLovelyLook

Elizabeth
    January 3, 2015 at 8:48 pm

I love this! I will have to look into this publication!! XOXO

Kelsey Lynn
    January 7, 2015 at 6:54 pm

I love Darling magazine! I have some good friends that write for them regularly. I stumbled across your blog through a pin of one of your bump style posts and have been reading through it for the past 30 mins (and throughly enjoying it). I’ll be adding your to my regular reading list.

Kelsey Lynn
      January 7, 2015 at 7:07 pm

P.S. Really random, but were you ever involved with Wonderfully Made? For some reason I keep thinking I may have met you before. I was the Student Director for the Westmont chapter. Small world if you were…

January 8, 2015 at 7:15 am

Yes, I was! I actually was the Regional Chapter Director and founded the Pepperdine chapter! Love it!

January 8, 2015 at 7:16 am

Yay! So glad you found me :)

Kelsey Lynn
        January 8, 2015 at 11:25 am

That’s so cool! Glad to know being pregnant isn’t making me imagine things. Ha! If you happen to run into Allie tell her hi for me. I miss those ladies!