13 In style

How to Get Things Done With A Newborn

solly-newborn

I’m quickly learning that very little—other than snuggling—gets done when you have a newborn. Especially one like mine who loves to be held and cuddled with! While I love to just sit around and stare at him sometimes, there are certainly things that need to get done: laundry, preparing food, eating food, getting out for a walk, grocery shopping, and the list goes on and on.

Enter the baby wrap. Namely, in my case, the Solly Baby Wrap.

This wrap is the answer to the problem. It’s lightweight, easy to stash in the car or diaper bag, and simple to keep tied all day to make transitions in and out quick for baby. Once the baby is in the wrap, your hands are free and your baby still feels like they’re being held. If you’re really savvy—or just practice a lot—you can even nurse your baby in it. It’s a win for everyone.

IMG_9052.JPG

My obsession is so great that I’ve decided to start a mini-series dedicated to babywearing style with the Solly Baby Wrap. In the coming weeks, I’ll feature several of their beautiful wraps, plus chic outfits to pair with them. After all, just because you’re a mom doesn’t mean you have to be stuck in sweat pants or workout gear all the time.

I can’t wait to share more of these beautiful and functional wraps with you! Stay tuned ;)

P.S. Did you know they’re based in north county San Diego? Makes me love them even more!

(The wrap featured above and the wraps that will be featured in this series have been provided by Solly Baby, a company I love and believe in. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Thoughts By Natalie possible!)

Leanndra
    November 19, 2014 at 7:59 am

Oh wow! I didn’t realize you’re in San Diego! Me too, I’m in La Jolla! I used the Boba wrap ( inconsistently) with my son and am looking for something new for my baby girl due in January. Maybe the Solly wrap would be right for us!

December 16, 2014 at 10:40 am

Yes, the Solly Wrap is wonderful! I’d definitely recommend it :)

Sarah
    November 19, 2014 at 11:10 am

Is this wrap one huge piece of fabric that you have to wrap like a moby wrap?

Renee
    November 19, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I have the gray striped Solly and love it! It’s been a lifesaver.

December 16, 2014 at 10:41 am

Oh yes, I have the striped one, too. Goes with everything!

traci
    November 19, 2014 at 2:48 pm

I am so excited for this mini series! I ordered a Solly Baby Wrap for my son due in about 3 weeks!

November 19, 2014 at 4:36 pm

So exciting!! Best of luck with your delivery!

AshleyL
    November 19, 2014 at 3:48 pm

I’m so glad you’re doing this. I’m obsessed with my wrap. You should do a post where other new moms could send in pictures of their favorite outfits to wear with their wrap.

On a completely different note I am a huge fan of barre3. They have online workouts that I do while my baby naps or plays on her mat. I thought you might be interested for when jack gets a little older.

Shelby
    November 19, 2014 at 4:35 pm

How long can you carry baby in a solly wrap?

Emily
    November 19, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Natalie,

I just HAD to comment – I am a blogger and a work from home mommy too and my little guy is just a couple of weeks older than yours, so I feel like I’m literally reading my journal.;-) I use the Ergo, but I agree – baby-wearing is a LIFESAVER. I can be on conference calls or type standing at the counter and he can comfortably sleep or play.

This is super nit-picky, but I noticed in one of your Instagrams (yes, I follow you Instagram too!) that you were cooking while your little guy was nursing. That does seem super efficient! But one teensy word of caution – I try to avoid doing cooking or working around hot foods, liquids, or surfaces while I’m wearing Miles. Scalds and burns can happen to babies so easily that it just seems like it’s not worth the risk. But the Solly wrap seems to hold your baby much more tightly than an Ergo does and everyone has a different comfort level with different issues, so I hope this isn’t offensive! I love your blog and have really enjoyed your recent mommy posts.

~Emily, fellow blogger and new mommy

December 16, 2014 at 10:42 am

Yes, you definitely have to be SUPER careful! Good word of caution :)