The Search for the Perfect Christmas Card

I know it’s only October and it seems sort of crazy to already be thinking about Christmas cards, but let me tell you—time flies and now really is the time to get the ball rolling if you want your cards to ship out in time.

As far as photos go, in years past Brian and I have just used ones we already had taken, like last year’s when we used the amazing photos our friend Jessica snapped of us in Hawaii. This year, however, all of the photos of us involve me having a massive baby bump, which isn’t really relevant anymore now that Jack is in the picture. We agreed we should have a family photo taken but sort of abhor the idea of a photo shoot with such a tiny baby to handle. Thus, we decided to make a photo day with some couple friends where we all take turns taking pictures of each others’ families. Easy peasy. And it costs nothing, so that’s a plus.

Design-wise, I always end up using Minted for everything—holiday cards, business cards, and even our birth announcements. Since I’m incredibly indecisive—especially without a photo yet—these are some of the many designs I’m thinking about picking for this year’s Christmas card—any favorites?

MIN-2L2-HYC-001CHRISTMAS_A_PZ

MIN-CXM-HYC-001HOLIDAY_A_PZ

MIN-UQH-HYC-001CHRISTMAS_A_PZ

MIN-VQ7-HFS-001_A_PZ

MIN-X2J-HYC-001CHRISTMAS_A_PZ

MIN-X3U-HYC-001CHRISTMAS_A_PZ

MIN-Y06-HYC-001CHRISTMAS_A_PZ

MIN-YLT-HYC-001HOLIDAY_A_PZ

Do you send out photo Christmas cards? Or is it too much hassle?

P.S. If you have a lot to say (or a big family), these Booklette cards are a fun option!

Carissa Grace
    October 29, 2014 at 7:19 am

Numbers 4, 5 , & 7 are my favorite designs.
    It’s definitely not too early to be thinking of Christmas cards, or anything X-mas related for that matter!

We’ve never sent out a card before but I am thinking of it this year. However, our photo session isn’t until November 22nd, so I would have to really rush it to make it happen.

October 29, 2014 at 10:01 am

I think you could totally make that timing work! Another option is to send a “Happy New Year” card instead of a Christmas card if you’re running late on timing ;)

Lauren
    October 29, 2014 at 9:21 am

So I love what my cousin does for family photos. She did this with her first baby, and then again her second, when the first was a toddler at that time. The photographer came to her house and just did lifestyle photos. They got the best photos of their toddler rolling around on the couch, dad just hanging in a recliner holding the baby, mom feeding the baby a bottle, photos of baby and family hanging out on their big living room rug – they never left their element and didn’t even wear shoes. The photos were full of crisp white linens and capturing bits of their home. Something you should think about when and if you do family photos ;) Oh and I like all your card picks!

October 29, 2014 at 10:02 am

Oh gosh, I love that idea! I might have to do that next year when Jack is crawling (or walking!) all over the place.

Urban Wife
    October 29, 2014 at 11:12 am

I love sending Christmas cards and it’s a tradition we’ve been doing since we first got married. One year we even announced my pregnancy that way. Minted has gorgeous designs and I love all the ones you’ve picked. Usually, I end up making my own on Photoshop and use Snapfish or Shutterfly (they run great specials around these months) to get them printed at my local Walgreens or Target. It’s worked out so far for us! Good luck picking a design and getting some great pictures! :)

October 29, 2014 at 11:43 am

We started when we got married, too! I love the tradition of it as well :)

Kimberly
    October 29, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Love the 4th one!! Classy & festive!

Elizabeth
    October 29, 2014 at 7:37 pm

#4 & 6 are my favorites! I have actually been looking around all week for ours! I am struggling with photos because we don’t take a lot of them giving me not many good options, and I can’t get my husband up for a holiday-theme photo shoot. Hoping I can change his mind! But I agree that now is the time to get them ordered!

Rebecca Kearns
    October 30, 2014 at 1:01 pm

We are sending them out for the first time this year! We chose a Minted card with Isaiah 9:6 on it. :)

I love all of your picks–best of luck choosing! ;)

XOXO,