I’m Back!

DeathtoStock_Simplify1

Well, hello there—oh how I’ve missed you!

I’m bringing myself back from maternity leave this week because, while I thought taking a chunk of time away from this blog would be necessary with a newborn, I honestly have had to make a daily effort not to be blogging (hence the new look of the blog, which I absolutely implemented the week after Jack was born).

Surprisingly, I’ve found that I have a ton of time on my hands while the little guy sleeps during the day and have even written several blog post drafts over the last few weeks because I just couldn’t help myself.

I make no promises about how frequently I’ll be posting (maybe more, maybe less than before) over the next month as I ease back into some kind of a work schedule, so bear with me as I adjust to the new pace of blogging and being a mama all at once.

To kick off my return, I’ll be posting Jack’s birth story tomorrow for those of you who have asked or are interested. It’s good to be back!

Image via Death to the Stock Photo

AshleyL
    October 13, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Wow I wish my baby sleeps as much as yours. I feel like the day flies by and I don’t get anything done!

October 14, 2014 at 10:07 am

We definitely have our share of awake time during the day! But I find when I put him in the Solly Baby Wrap, he’ll sleep in between feedings and I can get a ton of writing done if I put my mind to it!

Sarah
    October 14, 2014 at 6:16 am

Welcome back! I wish I would have figured out how to use the downtimes of the newborn days. I always felt frazzled!

October 14, 2014 at 10:08 am

Thanks so much! I feel super determined to figure it out from the start since I’m going to be staying home with Jack and trying to work as well. Hopefully it continues to go this smoothly, haha.

BethAnn
    October 14, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Yay! I didn’t realize just how much I enjoy your posts until they stopped for a time! Congrats on the arrival of baby Jack too!

October 15, 2014 at 10:15 am

Oh that makes me so happy! And thank you! It’s good to be back :)

Maria
    October 15, 2014 at 4:34 am

Hi Natalie,

Congratulations on the birth of you beautiful son Jack :)

Thank you for sharing your birth story. Mamas are amazing no matter what their birth story is and yours is no exception. You only know what is right for you when you are in the position of giving birth. A Mama’s feelings should always be respected and taken into consideration when they are in labour regardless of whether they want pain relief, a cesearan or no interventions and it’s nice to read a birth story where you felt truly respected through the whole process. It helps a lot with the whole recovery process.

It sounds like Jack was already on his way by the time the induction started ;)

Enjoy this precious new born phase and this new time as a family of three. All the best. Maria.

October 15, 2014 at 10:16 am

Yes, you’re so right about Jack already being on his way! It honestly ended up working out perfectly :)