The Last Morning

photo (17)

Today is the last morning at home, just the two of us. Jack, of course, is kicking like a little ninja in my belly, but we’re still yet to meet him and see his face, which makes us feel like we’re still only a family of two. We got up early because I was too antsy to sleep late, and enjoyed reading and sipping coffee on the couch before taking a walk to the bagel shop. It’s been pretty ideal, honestly.

One full week late, I’m being induced later today and so eager to finally meet this tiny boy that’s been occupying my body this entire year. I know many of you have been praying for us throughout this pregnancy and are putting up good thoughts for this delivery, and we’re so, so appreciative of your support!

Though pregnancy hasn’t been my favorite thing, I really couldn’t have asked for a better final week. My parents have been in town helping us out with all kinds of projects, including the nursery that my mom basically did all by herself. Such a gift! Brian and I have had tons of quality time, and have enjoyed lots of eating out (my favorite!) with family and friends. After what feels like an eternity of carrying this child around in my body, I just can’t believe the season of waiting is finally coming to an end.

Ready or not, he’ll be here before I know it.

AshleyL
    September 18, 2014 at 10:26 am

Good luck!

Mary Lee Shaw
      September 18, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Best of luck Natalie & Brian! Cannot wait for the news of Jacks arrival.

Sarah
    September 18, 2014 at 10:43 am

I love pregnancy and babies and hearing about other women’s experiences. Even though I don’t know you, I’m so excited for you! Good luck. Best wishes for a smooth labor and delivery!

Sarah
    September 18, 2014 at 11:04 am

I, too, didn’t like being pregnant. However, once my little guy arrived, I think it finally clicked on how miraculous the whole process is. Even though you’ve seen pictures and felt him kick kick kicking, to me it was so hard to understand that there was a BABY in there, until I was holding him. I can’t wait for you to meet Jack. You’re about to fall in love!

Angela
    September 18, 2014 at 12:18 pm

So excited for you! I came across your blog during my own pregnancy journey. I’m a week or two behind you and feel more than ready myself so I can only imagine how ready you must feel! Wishing you all the best welcoming baby Jack into this world :)

September 18, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Thanks Angela! I’ve actually been a follower of your blog for a while, too :) It’s been fun watching your journey (and cooking your yummy recipes). Good luck to you in the coming weeks!

Kristina
    September 18, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Natalie! I am so excited for you and what is ahead. I will be praying for a safe and smooth delivery!
    Miss you friend

Natalie Bricker
    September 18, 2014 at 2:59 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

What a special time for you and your family. Enjoy every moment of it and best wishes for a smooth entrance into the world Jack ;)

Xoxo
    Natalie

Robin
    September 20, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Praying for you Natalie! Can’t wait to hear how it all goes!
    xo,