12 In style

Capsule Wardrobe in Action

You may recall my post from June featuring the 40 items I selected to make up my summer wardrobe—my summer capsule wardrobe, that is. While I’ve certainly shared outfit posts here on the blog that include items not part of the capsule wardrobe list, I’ve generally stuck with the 40 pieces I chose on a day-to-day basis.

Here’s a peek at the capsule wardrobe in action this summer…

Capsule Wardrobe in Action | Thoughts By Natalie

The most worn item has definitely been the black maxi dress—I admit, since I was wearing it several times a week, I actually invested in a second one that was not exactly the same, but pretty dang similar. Not only is a black maxi super versatile, but the ones I got were non-maternity, so they’ll be wearable post-baby, too!

Are you trying out a capsule wardrobe this summer? How is it going so far? Would you try it for fall?

P.S. Be sure to check out the previous capsule wardrobe posts to get some inspiration for keeping your closet clutter-free and seasonally-focused.

Maggie
    August 13, 2014 at 8:22 am

I love your use of scarfs and how you make an outfit have a totally different vibe. Any other tips for wearing basic pieces and making them unique? I am working on building my closet with basic staples rather than trendy things that go out of style after 3 months.
    So happy you are on Like to Know:IT :) You have the best Jcrew/ Target finds!

August 13, 2014 at 9:02 am

I think it’s all about the accessories when you’re working with a simple wardrobe of timeless pieces—scarves, costume jewelry, fun bags. Those all go a long way with a simple outfit, and are inexpensive ways to keep your look fresh as trends change. Also, so glad you’re signed up for Like to Know It! It’s been fun using it :)

Briana
    August 13, 2014 at 10:41 am

Loving your wardrobe!!!
    Yes, making a capsule wardrobe is on my summer to-do list (actually, thanks to you!), and I am currently going through my whole wardrobe to see which pieces I am getting rid of and which ones are to stay;) I must say, it’s pretty exciting!

Kim
    August 13, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Love this! Thanks for the update. I love your style and often look to you to rework pieces in my wardrobe!

ali grace
    August 14, 2014 at 5:16 am

I’m so inspired by this. The amount of stuff we accumulate in our house is overwhelming, and clothes is definitely a big one. I think I’m going to give the capsule wardrobe a try… I feel like I rotate through my favorite items anyway, and leave lots of things just hanging in the closet. Time to give some things away!

August 14, 2014 at 6:53 am

Yes—and it feels SO GOOD to ditch the things that are just hanging around, not being used. We took a ton of stuff to Goodwill earlier this year and not only felt awesome about donating to a good cause, but also we haven’t missed any of the things we let go of! Now we just enjoy having a lot less stuff around the house, and only good, wearable clothes in our closets :)

christina
    January 29, 2015 at 2:47 pm

I’m loving all these looks! Where did you get that gray swing dress, 4th down on the right?

Bristinny
    February 1, 2015 at 6:37 pm

I absolutely love your grey and black maxi dress, where did you get that??

April
    February 6, 2015 at 9:47 am

I saw this as a Pin on Pinterest, as I am pregnant myself and looking for good maternity fashion. You have beautiful style! I love every piece. I will certainly be using this as a guide for this coming summer when I am a bit bigger :)

Ali
    May 7, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Love this! Where did you get some of the maternity clothing at?