14 In style

BUMP STYLE :: Little Blue Dress

BUMP STYLE :: Little Blue Dress // thoughtsbynatalie.com

BUMP STYLE :: Little Blue Dress // thoughtsbynatalie.com

BUMP STYLE :: Little Blue Dress // thoughtsbynatalie.com

BUMP STYLE :: Little Blue Dress // thoughtsbynatalie.com

BUMP STYLE :: Little Blue Dress // thoughtsbynatalie.com

Sometimes, you just need to wear a little something to make you feel like a woman—and this dress is just that for me. Simple, fitted, comfortable, and a dreamy shade of blue, this (non-maternity) dress from H&M was a gift to myself last week when I was feeling really down about dressing my bump. When I put it on, I feel sexy and fun and a lot more like myself and for that reason, I adore it.

The sunglasses (also H&M) and the hat made the whole outfit feel like something I’d wear on vacation in Hawaii—which also is probably why it served as a mood-booster. And of course, I couldn’t help but wear my new favorite Madewell necklace with it. That beauty goes with everything!

_________________
What I’m Wearing:
H&M Dress
J.Crew Factory Hat
J.Crew Factory Denim Jacket
Madewell Necklace
Target Sandals / Similar

Also, here are a few more options for those looking to recreate the look…

What do you wear when you need to feel a little sexier, or more like a woman?

Photos by Joyful Steps Photography

Brian
    May 7, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Very cute! Love the new dress Nat. Great photos and setting too!

May 7, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Thanks babe :) Danielle is so awesome to do these photo shoots with me!!

mary beth
    May 7, 2014 at 3:15 pm

okay. can you come dress me while I’m pregnant?????!

May 7, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Haha, you are far too kind. It’s unreal how much effort I put into looking decent while pregnant, but my hope with this series is that it can give other preggos (like you!) good ideas for style. There really is very little inspiration out there for cute bump style—and I want to change that!

Christal
    May 7, 2014 at 3:36 pm

You look so great girly! I am totally using these style tips when I’m preggers! :)

Alyssa | Elle & Elle
    May 7, 2014 at 5:37 pm

You are absolutely STUNNING! You’re just glowing – you work that bump, girl! It makes me that much more excited for the day my husband and I start our own little family :)

AshleyL
    May 7, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Is there a reason you’re not buying maternity clothes? I am 32 weeks pregnant and I love my maternity clothes. Whenever I try to wear something not maternity I feel heavy and thick but my maternity clothes fit great. I haven’t had any days when I don’t feel beautiful. I thank my maternity clothes.

May 8, 2014 at 9:16 am

I’ve been avoiding buying maternity clothes because pregnancy is so temporary and I’m not sure that I’ll ever be pregnant again. I’ve borrowed lots of maternity stuff from friends, but only purchased two or three items. Also, most of the maternity clothes that I’ve found that are affordable are really not my style :(

AshleyL
        May 8, 2014 at 10:56 am

I’ve found great things at pea in the pod. I am planning on having two more so I feel like I will get a lot more use. I think it’s worth it for you to feel good about yourself and beautiful though. Maybe you could get some basics and dress them up.

May 8, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Thanks for the tips! I’ll just have to see how I feel as time goes on. Most importantly, the lesson in pregnancy for me is less about how my clothes make me feel and more about learning that my beauty doesn’t come from what I look like, how my clothes fit or how tiny or wide my waist. It’s an emotional adventure, that’s for sure!

Jessica
    May 7, 2014 at 8:51 pm

So funny! I bought the same one in stripes last week! I’m 23 weeks pregnant and really enjoying reading along with you as our baby girl grows too! Can’t beat a $12 pick me up!