The Big Reveal

The Big Reveal // thoughtsbynatalie.com

This morning I woke up and it felt like it was my birthday. After Brian and I wished each other a happy anniversary, we got giddy talking about the excitement the morning held. By mid-morning, we’d know the gender of our baby!! We were bursting with joy and curiosity.

We totally lucked out and ended up with an awesome sonographer who made the whole anatomy scan fun and interesting. It was amazing to spend so much time looking at the little person who has been growing inside of me—pregnancy is such a miracle.

That being said, I won’t make you wait a moment longer to tell you the big news…

20140416-135446.jpg

IT’S A BOY!!

We’re naming him Jack Peter Borton, after Brian’s father (Jon Peter Borton) who passed away 11 years ago. We dabbled in a few other names, but this one just felt so right and so special.

20140416-140007.jpg

The good news is, we’ve already got a best friend for him: little Charlie Cummings (that snuggle bug below!), born to my best gal Karen on Friday. They’re going to be such cute little dudes running around together.

The Big Reveal // thoughtsbynatalie.com

Can’t wait to meet you, Jack! Your dad and I already love you so, so much!

Top image via Lindsay Letters, featuring a canvas that very likely will end up in Jack’s nursery!

Brian
    April 16, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Yesssss…! Great post Nat. What an exciting day! So stoked to raise Jack with you. You’re going to be an incredible mom.

April 16, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Yay! I love that we got to find out on our anniversary. You and Jack are going to have so much fun playing over the years. (P.S. Did you notice that “J” mug—totally bought it at Anthro after the appointment today, haha).

Maggie
        April 16, 2014 at 2:46 pm

You guys are too cute. Congratulations! You will both be wonderful parents to this blessing. Prayers for you both on this special day! xo

Brian
        April 16, 2014 at 3:03 pm

That’s awesome…you would!

Jessica
    April 16, 2014 at 2:40 pm

So happy for you!!! Jack Peter is precious!! And a good resume name! Will friends call him J.P,? Xo!

April 16, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Thank you!! I don’t know—we’ll probably just call him Jack ourselves, but JP is pretty cute!

Katie
    April 16, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Congratulations!!!! Love your joy! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Joanna
    April 16, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Yay! Thanks for including your readers in this news and excitement. Though we don’t know each other, this news is really exciting and sweet and adds joy to my world.

Love the name and the reason behind it. Sending you guys so much love!

April 16, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Oh you are so sweet, Joanna!! Thank you for being excited with us :)

Tracy
    April 16, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Congratulations!!! I have two boys, age 6 and 2 ~ and the little one is a Jack!! I speak from experience when I tell you how amazing little boys are to raise. They are rambunctious, silly, curious and always ready to snuggle their mamas!!
    It’s such an awesome adventure … So happy for you and your new little bundle of blue! :)

April 16, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Yay! Snuggles are what I’m after. I figure I have no idea what I’m doing with a boy, but at least he’ll always adore his mama :)

Iris Herring
    April 16, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I am so excited for you and Brian. I giggle about the three of us from bible study having boys. I love it and am sharing in your excitement. Motherhood is such a thrill!!!

Adele
    April 16, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Hooray for a boy! My best friend’s little one is named Jack too. Very happy for you and Brian. Congratulations! :-) xo

Ashlee
    April 16, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Yaaaaaay! Little boys are the best, and they love their mommas SO much. Super happy for you guys!

April 16, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Yay!! And CONGRATS to you, mama! Loved that video you guys made to announce baby number 2—so precious!

Urban Wife
    April 16, 2014 at 3:51 pm

What a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary. Congrats on both accounts! . :)

Katie
    April 16, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Congrats! Jack is one of the best little boy names in the entire world!

Hailey
    April 16, 2014 at 5:15 pm

I’ve loved following your pregnancy posts lately! I too just found out the gender of my baby due in August. It’s a boy as well! It’s so exciting to hear about other’s pregnancy journeys while I’m on mine too! :)

Cheryl Kozachenko
    April 16, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Aw! So happy for you guys! Jack is the cutest name! You guys are going to be great parents! xoxo

Natalie
    April 16, 2014 at 8:16 pm

As someone who goes back and forth about babies, it’s been such a pleasure to watch you move from skepticism to becoming a mother. Thanks for sharing these milestones along the way. It’s truly a privilege to get a glimpse into your life these days.

May 15, 2014 at 1:30 pm

I’m so glad my sharing has been interesting to you :) It’s been a journey for sure, and my hope is that by sharing it I can at least make women feel like they’re not alone :)

Alys
    April 16, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Congratulations! How wonderful to find out on your anniversary. My Grandfather was John/Jack and I have always loved the name. A house of boys would be so much fun.