12 In style

BUMP STYLE :: Afternoon Coffee // thoughtsbynatalie.com

BUMP STYLE :: Afternoon Coffee // thoughtsbynatalie.com

BUMP STYLE :: Afternoon Coffee // thoughtsbynatalie.com

BUMP STYLE :: Afternoon Coffee // thoughtsbynatalie.com

BUMP STYLE :: Afternoon Coffee // thoughtsbynatalie.com

BUMP STYLE :: Afternoon Coffee // thoughtsbynatalie.com

If I had to pick a favorite place in San Diego, it might be Pannikin Coffee & Tea on Highway 101. There’s something so quaint about the big yellow house, the adirondack chairs on the grass, and the adorable dogs that people always bring with them to grab their coffee. Also, their pumpkin muffins (which I always order toasted) are the best I’ve ever had.

I finally hit a point in my pregnancy (20 weeks—halfway there!) where I am clearly pregnant, and I have to say, it makes things a lot easier. Not getting dressed, per say, but just interactions in general. I try to help people out by wearing clothes that emphasize my pregnancy, like this fitted striped top. These white jeans are actually my regular old J.Crew Matchstick Jeans, worn with my Ingrid & Isabel®’Everyday’ Maternity BellaBand®. Also, I can’t stop wearing my new Madewell Ensign Necklace—it’s such an easy and simple accessory!

_________________
What I’m Wearing:
A Pea in the Pod Shirt / Similar
J.Crew Jeans
Ingrid & Isabel Maternity BellaBand
Madewell Necklace
Mossimo Sandals / Similar
Hobo Handbag
J.Crew Sweater / Similar

Looking to create a similar look (pregnant or non-pregnant)? Here are several options…

Photos by Joyful Steps Photography

Sarah
    April 30, 2014 at 8:34 am

I loved wearing stuff that showed off the bump! Now you have to wait and see what comes out of the mouths of strangers. I never had anyone ask to touch my belly but the things people said to me were crazy (and sometimes just rude)! My favorite was “you got twins in there?” Um, no, just one, but thanks. Or “you must be ready to go any day now” (Nope, two months left). I really wasn’t that big.

April 30, 2014 at 8:46 am

Oh yes, I have no idea why people feel like it’s ever okay to make comments like that about a woman’s body, especially during pregnancy! My friend Ashlee and I were just chatting the other day about how the best compliment you can give a pregnant woman is, “You look great!” (and leave it at that).

Kyra Faulkner
    April 30, 2014 at 8:47 am

Oh I love these photos! The pants seem to have just a tiny kick of flare, which looks amazing! I made a mental note to be open to jeans other skinnies with baby number 2 (:

Abby
    April 30, 2014 at 3:18 pm

You DO look great! And I’m thankful for this post (and hopefully future ones??) as I’m 9 weeks and already feeling like, “oh noooooo all my pants hurt but I don’t want to be a frump for the next 7 months!” :)

April 30, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Thanks Abby! Yes, there will be MANY more of these (at least once a week!), so stay tuned. My hope is that I can be a source of bump style inspiration. I felt the exact same way when I found out I was pregnant and there just really weren’t a lot of bloggers who featured good bump style!

Joanna @ Love Always, Jo
    April 30, 2014 at 3:37 pm

So cute, as always! I LOVE those action shots. Coffee shops are my favorite places, and you go so well with them :) I’d love to see more photos like this in the future.

Carissa @ Pretty/Hungry
    April 30, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Too cute! And I LOVE the shoes and necklace!

May 1, 2014 at 7:42 am

Thanks Carissa! I just got the necklace last week and I think I’ve worn it every day since then, haha.

Nadine {Great Scotts}
    May 5, 2014 at 11:49 am

Love the outfit! I’m 25 weeks and love wearing clothes that show off my bump! It’s nice when you get to that point (it was around 20 weeks for me too!) when you start looking pregnant! ;)

Great Scotts

Rebecca Stewart
    May 7, 2014 at 5:29 pm

I love that heather gray jacket/sweater! I’m always looking for casual pieces with a little interest. Where is it from?