In beauty/ style

Quick Red Lip

If I had to choose one single accessory for the holidays it would go on my face and it would be called a bold red lip. Though once very afraid of lip color, I’ve grown to love it for special occasions or when I’m just feeling bold. Red is especially wonderful this time of year because it feels so holiday festive.

I’ve tried a ton of different lipsticks, lip pencils and lip glosses and finally narrowed it down to a quick, two-product process that is easy, inexpensive and pretty much foolproof. The products I use are Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayon in Rosey Nude and Burt’s Bees Lip Gloss in Evening Glow.

Nervous to try it? Here’s some bold lip inspiration to motivate you to take the risk…

Quick Red Lip // thoughtsbynatalie.com

Quick Red Lip // thoughtsbynatalie.com

Quick Red Lip // thoughtsbynatalie.com

Quick Red Lip // thoughtsbynatalie.com

What’s your favorite holiday accessory? What products/techniques do you use to get a bold red lip?

P.S. Did you try this? Send me a photo and I’ll share it on the Facebook page!

Images via Fashionologie, A CUP OF JO, iVillage, Glamour

Megan @ Lush to Blush
    November 26, 2013 at 8:25 am

I never tried bold lips until this year and I LOVE it! I found an amazing dark cherry color from Bobbi Brown that I love. Still searching for that perfect bright red though.

xo Megan, LushtoBlush.com

November 26, 2013 at 9:05 am

Yes—I’m a newbie, too! I don’t do it often, but when I do it’s always an awesome statement. Perhaps give these products a try and see how you like them—they’ve definitely been my favorite so far, and thankfully they’re not too pricey!

Alissa
    November 26, 2013 at 11:33 am

Thank you for posting this! I JUST got bright red lips done at the make up counter, but needed a less expensive alternative. I’ll let you know how it goes when I try this at home :)

Emily
    November 26, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I have been wanting to do some bold lip color for the holidays! The thought of a lip crayon makes me so nervous, but you have inspired me! And especially because it’s from target. How easy is that? Thanks for using products that are practical and affordable! I am going to try it out and let you know how it goes!

November 27, 2013 at 8:30 am

Oh gosh, the lip crayon feels so much easier to me! It’s like coloring on your face, haha. Let me know how it goes for sure :)

Sabirah
    December 3, 2013 at 12:17 pm

You have a beautiful smile.
    The red looks great on you.

Annie G.
    December 11, 2013 at 9:53 am

OMG! Nato! Too cute! Loved this video – and loved how happy you were at the end of it! :) I just may venture out and get these products this week! Kisses!