6 In beauty/ style

Curtain Bangs

After seeing highlights from last night’s AMAs, I could stop thinking of Taylor Swift’s dreamy, perfectly messy ‘do—especially those carefree parted bangs she had going on…

Curtain Bangs // thoughtsbynatalie.com

In fact, I loved it so much I became totally obsessed with finding similar looks, all of which I completely adore. There’s something so sexy and undone about parted bangs—especially when mixed with tousled waves, don’t you think? I think this style would be especially lovely with dressier holiday looks to keep them grounded and understated. These are some of my favorite takes on the look…

Do or Don't: Curtain Bangs // thoughtsbynatalie.com

Curtain Bangs // thoughtsbynatalie.com

Curtain Bangs // thoughtsbynatalie.com

Curtain Bangs // thoughtsbynatalie.com

Curtain Bangs // thoughtsbynatalie.com

Curtain Bangs // thoughtsbynatalie.com

What do you think about curtain bangs? Would you ever try them?

Photos via Yahoo, Glamour, Chatelaine, NY Mag, Jemal Countess, Glamour, MACS London

Meri Sue Ramsey
    November 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I love bangs, everything about them. Especially when they’re carefree like these, but when you have thicker hair like mine, I’ve found it’s harder to keep that look. Maybe I just haven’t had the right cut?

November 26, 2013 at 9:27 am

Hm, yes, my hair is definitely not thick. Perhaps bring some photos with you at the stylist next time? A good stylist can do wonders!

Megan @ Lush to Blush
    November 25, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I looove this style of bangs and it looks great on you! I have wanted to try it for a while, but I’m too chicken. Maybe one day!

xo Megan, LushtoBlush.com

November 25, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I have my bangs cut as short side-brushed bangs, and I am definitely able to still do this look—for me, it’s all about versatility with bangs. I never want to get stuck with one way to have them, so I’m glad to have found this little alternative :)

Jacki
    November 26, 2013 at 7:47 am

This is the only kind of bangs my face can handle – every so often I’ll have long, curtain-ish bangs cut and then immediately start growing them out, but they’re so cute that I just can’t resist sometimes!

Katie
    November 30, 2013 at 8:16 am

Getting mine today! You inspired me!