life

Ask Natalie // No. 2

November 15, 2013

Today I’m sharing about balancing career and family, how to stay motivated at home, and balancing online life with normal life. Here are the questions I’m answering…

QUESTION #1 (starts at 0:04) “I LOVE that you are doing this series to connect with us, your readers! My question is, as a woman, who has both a career and a family, how do you go about determining when to have grace (flexibility) for others, and when to be firm in saying ‘no’?”

QUESTION #2 (starts at 1:12) “Such a great video Natalie!! Loved hearing you speak. My question is, what are your tips for staying motivated when you work at home?”

QUESTION #3 (starts at 3:48) “I loved the first installment of this series! Do you have any advice for how to balance your online life with your normal life? I have tried to make the representation of myself and my life on my blog very authentic and consistent with my daily life… but after hearing some people describe blogging as “shallow”… I’d be curious to know how you acknowledge having a blog with “real life” friends.”

Have a question? Leave yours in the comment section below or ask using Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #asknatalie…

You Might Also Like

• Reply Katie November 15, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Natalie, I LOVED this … episode? installment? Well, regardless of the correct technical term, thank you! It was so kind of you to let me know you had posted it via our FB post line. I appreciate that you took time to do that. On top of that, I didn’t realize that my question would be featured today, so thank you so very much! I’ve been struggling lately with #1 (and #2 and #3 as well, actually) and I admire you deeply. Getting to hear your thoughts on the topic was greatly encouraging!

xx
    Katie

• Reply Natalie Lynn Borton November 17, 2013 at 1:25 pm

You’re welcome! So glad you’re enjoying this video series :)

• Reply Kayla November 15, 2013 at 4:06 pm

You look gorgeous and are very authentic! xoxox

• Reply VaNessa November 15, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Love the outfit!!! :)

• Reply Kate Robinson November 15, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Thanks for answering my question Natalie! Loved your answer, thanks so much for taking the time to do this I think it really connects you to your audience on a deeper level! You’re doing a great job! I’m going to ask another question, if I may! I constantly have new ideas, dreams and big plans for how to take my business to the next level, focusing on marketing specifically. I’m always making lists, I’m finding it hard to actually take the leap and do these things, because I feel like if I don’t do them…no one will notice anyway. I know it take time and consistency to gather a community together with your business…but how do I get out of this fear based thinking?!!

• Reply aurora November 15, 2013 at 9:19 pm

hi girl! i’m loving this post and you are very authentic and real. and carried underwoods twin. but that’s beside the point. my question is, i am trying to start blog and am organized like you so love organization, boxes, etc on blog design so learning that. what tutorials, tools, templates, etc. did you use and / or teach yourself? for example, i just want sidebar topics in its own box, ya know?! i love clean design and simplicity so nothing too crazy. just want to know your thoughts.

• Reply Megan @ Lush to Blush November 16, 2013 at 8:19 am

Great video! Keep it up, Natalie! :)

xo Megan, LushtoBlush.com

• Reply Mandy November 16, 2013 at 1:58 pm

This was great Natalie! Super encouraging/motivating. Thanks!

• Reply Maria November 18, 2013 at 8:45 am

Hi Natalie, love your blog. The layout is great; soft, cohesive and not overwhelming. I wanted to let you know that I as well work from home and a few weeks ago I overhauled my PJ collection. Since I work from home I often wear my sleepwear “to” work. I never wore stained, ripped or old/sentimental sleepwear, but I needed an overhaul on my lounge wear attire and it helped make the mundane part of working from home more tolerable for me.
    It was great to get a few nice sweaters and newer tank tops to wear around the house. Although I would not leave the house in these items, it still feels great to have comfortable and visually pleasing outfits while I am home. It also motivates me to put on light make up and fix my hair. Nothing fancy, but enough to give me some confidence at home.
    That segment resonated with me!

• Reply Natalie Lynn Borton November 18, 2013 at 9:19 am

Yes! I completely agree with that strategy and do exactly the same :) Glad to hear it works for you, too!

• Reply Kelsey Betts November 21, 2013 at 12:50 pm

One of the reasons your blog is attractive to me is the authenticity and intentionality you bring. Thanks for being yourself, being true, and sharing life in a fun, non-judgey way!!

• Reply Lauren December 7, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Hi! Long time reader here. I love your new videos series. I have a question for your next series. It falls under the category of life decisions/priorities. I am in my early twenties and am in a relationship that is headed toward marriage. You got married pretty young I’m guessing. . .Was that a decision you made easily? Is there any advice you would give to other young women thinking of taking this step or something you wish you’d been prepared for? Love your blog.