12 In Uncategorized

we are more than a number on the scale.

This morning I woke up to find an email from my mom, which said nothing but “This is worth watching…” followed by a video of a news woman. I sat down in my personal sanctuary on our balcony with my iPad and my breakfast, then hit play. From the moment this women started speaking, I was mesmerized. She is strong, beautiful, intelligent, confident, and wise. A role model, indeed, despite the cruel words emailed to her by a bullying viewer.

This morning, I encourage you to take five minutes to watch and fall in love with this woman, who clearly understands that her worth is far more than the number on the scale:

So powerful, right? After watching it, all I could think was, YOU GO GIRL! In honor of national bullying prevention month, let’s spread the word about her story and choose to be uplifting and encouraging of those around us rather than judgmental and intolerant.

What’s been your experience with bullying?

P.S. Speaking of strong, wise, beautiful women…today is my dear friend Karen’s birthday! Read here about all of the reasons why she is a true beauty who I am so thankful to call a friend.

Keep in touch! Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest

anne taylor
    October 3, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this, Natalie! This is absolutely incredible and so inspiring. I am so encouraged by her strength.

October 3, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I’m so glad you share my enthusiasm! Such an amazing and strong woman, indeed!

Jenn
    October 3, 2012 at 9:32 pm

wow she is amazing! i’m sad and inspired and proud all at the same time.

October 3, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Agreed! It’s so ridiculous that someone would send her that email, but such a beautiful thing that she would use it as an opportunity to encourage others.

Liz Halle
    October 4, 2012 at 1:02 am

This gave me chills. She is so strong and amazing!

xox Liz

October 4, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I know, right? She amazes me!

Kiki
    October 4, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I just discovered your blog and just want to thank you for sharing this video. I heard about it on my Facebook newsfeed but didn’t get the chance to see the video until now. Wow, she is unbelievably strong and definitely the best role model out there! This video actually brought me to tears, it was that amazing. I grew up overweight and heard the whispers and giggling behind my back. I was also teased and know that those words are more than hurtful. Thank you again for sharing this video!

October 8, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Thanks for reading, Kiki! Glad you found me :) So glad you enjoyed this inspiring video as much as I did. It’s a beautiful reminder of the power of words for evil and for good. She clearly chose to use her words for good!

Carmen at Thoughts of A Christian Girl
    October 4, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Wow! So powerful. I myself am a plus size woman and that was hurtful. We try daily not to be hard on ourselves and when we have others putting us down it can be hurtful. She handled that so well and the funny thing is she seems super comfortable in her own skin! She rocks!

Mona
    October 5, 2012 at 4:30 am

this is such an amazing story!