Back in November I shared a cute Kate Spade “Live Colorfully” print and asked you, “What does live colorfully mean to you?” Then at the end of December, I briefly shared some dreams for my future in the life you imagine.
As I’ve thought about that phrase more and more (you really can’t escape it when you follow Kate Spade on Twitter!) I’ve decided to make it my focus for 2012—so much so that I bought the adorable iPad case pictured above to remind myself.
Thus, in more detail than my previous posts, here’s what “live colorfully” will look like for me in the coming year:
- pursuing real beauty—kindness, joy, compassion, love, generosity, and confidence—with more fervor and intention than with my physical appearance (read more here)
- spending more time outside, enjoying how beautiful nature is and how lovely fresh air smells
- continuing to explore my personal style, not being afraid to put together bold outfit combinations that align with my mood, personality or need for creativity
- writing more notes to friends, expressing love, encouragement, or even just a friendly hello
- taking more risks in my work, such as submitting my writing to more outlets and this new endeavor.
- trying new things, especially experimenting with new recipes in the kitchen
- being more open to discovering who I am rather than being consumed with defining who I am
While I’m tempted to follow the methodical system used in The Happiness Project, I am going to be a little bit more laid back with my year. Instead, I’ll write down these colorful aspirations and keep them visible, and keep track of progress through journal entries and Instagram photos. At the end of the year, I think it’ll be clear whether or not my life has a little more color in it.
Do you have a major theme or special focus for your upcoming year?