6 In Uncategorized

the statement necklace.

Good morning, and happy December! Is it really the last month of the year? I simply can’t believe it. With 2011 coming to an end, it’s no surprise that I’ve been doing a lot of reflection. Although much of it relates to how I’ve grown emotionally and spiritually, a teensy bit of it has to do with the superficial reality that my personal style has changed (scratch that—the fact that I’ve developed any sense of personal style at all!).

In addition to developing love for thick-framed glasses, button-down shirts, wardrobe simplicity, and big buns, there’s one thing that has made the biggest impact on my style: the statement necklace. The beauty of wearing a bold piece of jewelry is that the rest of the outfit can stand to be simple. It’s a minimalist’s dream, and the easiest way to update a whole closet full of clothes without breaking the bank.

Here are some of my favorite styles, courtesy of Pinterest

Kate Spade Cascade Bib Necklace

Fossil Gold Glitz Statement Necklace

Bauble Bar Champagne Crystal Bib

Etsy Pearl Bib Necklace

Kate Spade Pearl Street Statement Necklace

Obviously metallics, neutrals and pearls are my thing. But what you like might be totally different. The key is finding bold pieces that make simple outfits like jeans and a t-shirt look instantly put-together and fabulous. After all, why spend time fussing over our clothes when we could be out there changing the world?

Have you incorporated statement necklaces into your accessories yet? What do your favorites look like?

P.S. The winner of the November Top Commenter contest is RACHEL JOHNSON!! Great job, girl. I’ll be sending you your $25 Starbucks card this week. Thank you everyone for participating. I hope the discussions can continue—I love hearing your thoughts!

Keep in touch! Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest

Shawna
    December 1, 2011 at 4:04 pm

From one statement necklace lover to another…I’m definitely appreciating this post! Happy December love!

December 1, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Thanks Shawna! You are certainly one of my statement necklace inspirations :)

Rachel Johnson
    December 1, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Yay!!!!!! I am so honored to have won!! It’s been so much fun reading your posts and commenting on all of them – that habit is sure to continue.

Love this post times a trillion. I feel the same way about developing a personal style this year -I think I’ve done the same thing, mostly because I copied you. :] Great necklace choices.

Emily
    December 2, 2011 at 3:36 am

I’m actually not a big accessories person. I like my simple necklaces that add enough of a touch that my outfit isn’t bland. I like to think I have a simple, yet elegant, style.

Allie Marie Smith
    December 1, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I love these….obviously one of them is my favorite. :)

I love how unique, bold jewelry that’s one-of-a-kind. My fav materials are leather, natural stones & beads, and pearls.

Digging your style.

Oh, and I love the quote, “Why spend time fussing over our clothes when we could be out there changing the world?” Word, sister!

December 2, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Rach–I’m so proud of you for winning! Such diligence! I’d agree that we’ve developed personal style alongside one another, copying each other’s outfits thanks to Pinterest and Instagram :]

Allie–That necklace you got me is 100% my favorite of all time. The best!

Emily–You definitely can’t go wrong with simple & elegant :)