i believe in pink.

I wrote this blog post specifically for Know Your Value, but as soon as I finished it I decided it had to be shared here too. Mostly, I’m just curious to see what kind of statements you girls will come up with! Confused? Read on…

[photo credit]

I stumbled on this print while perusing on Pinterest this morning. It’s such a fun and playful little statement of belief from Audrey Hepburn, an iconic beauty for sure. It got me thinking, what do I believe in? Of course, there are the obvious beliefs, including Jesus and gravity. But let’s just agree that those are understood, and this is not a complete statement of every belief I carry. After thinking for a few minutes, here’s what I came up with:

I believe in women.
I believe that hot tea soothes the soul.
I believe in love that lasts forever.
I believe that bad things can be redeemed in time.
I believe that confidence is the best accessory.
I believe that each morning is a fresh start, and
I believe we are worth more than we can comprehend.

Alright, it’s creativity time. What do you believe in? Come up with your own statement and share it!

Keep in touch! Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest

Kenna Hurd
    November 9, 2011 at 5:47 pm

I believe in getting at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
    I believe that painted fingernails are the cherry on top of any outfit.
    I believe that solitude can change everything.
    I believe that you can never have too many best girlfriends.
    I believe in chocolate chip cookies. Enough said.
    I believe that looking someone in the eye is a great way to acknowledge their value and worth.
    And I believe that affirmation transforms lives – so take the time to tell someone the good you see in them today.

Emily
    November 9, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I believe in being a child at heart
    I believe in laughing at least once a day
    I believe a child’s laughter is the best medicine
    I believe good things happen when we least expect them
    I believe in a tight group of close friends
    I believe everyone is a best friend

I commented on the Know Your Value one too, but added a few things

RachelElizJ
    November 9, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Can I just steal Kenna’s list of beliefs?!

RachelElizJ
    November 9, 2011 at 10:47 pm

I believe that I need Africa more than Africa needs me.
    I believe that chai pairs well with sunrises, and wine with sunsets.
    I believe that running is free therapy.
    I believe that the sound, sight, and smell of the ocean soothe the soul.
    I believe that my world would cease to exist without my girlfriends.
    I believe that it is clinically feasible to be addicted to frozen yogurt, breakfast tacos, and margaritas on the rocks with salt.
    I believe that only love can save us all.
    I believe that my happiness is found in less of me and more of Him.
    I believe that anyone named James Brown is a winner. And maybe a singer.

RachelElizJ
    November 9, 2011 at 10:49 pm

P.S. I love this post! I’m going to share my beliefs tomorrow on my blog, giving all credit and glory to you, sistah.

November 9, 2011 at 5:53 pm

LOVE IT!!

November 9, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Thanks for sharing! I believe in laughing at least once a day, too :)

November 9, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Ahhhhh, that last line!!! So good.

Becca Hare
    May 9, 2012 at 12:46 am

What a great post, Natalie!

Here are a few of mine:

I believe that prayer is the most intimate thing you can do for a person
    I believe you can never wear too many bracelets
    I believe that loving those in my life unconditionally is the most rewarding thing I will do in this life
    I believe in morning cups of coffee. vanilla lattes to be specific.
    I believe in listening to favorite songs on repeat
    I believe that marriage is a true vocation
    I believe that road trips and yoga are soothing to the soul
    I believe in joy over happiness

May 9, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Thanks Becca! Love your list–especially the ones about love and joy. So true! Thanks for sharing :)